Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Was featured in a short film"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
I was going to post this in the classifieds, but the garage may be more appropriate.

Check out this car that's listed on Craigslist in Cleveland.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/4435271835.html

This is the part that cracked me up.

"...was featured in a short film...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAB46K693zk

"Some assembly required"

Have at it boys...
Johny Blackstain
Love the commercial & the video was pointless; both are so dated, but what the hell happened to the back of that car?! Looks like they were going to do a V8 swap, went way overboard on the cutting & just gave up.
KELTY360
Film wasn't short enough.
bulitt
LOL. Guess you had to be there. Gas which had been selling for 19.9 cents a gallon at my local station shot up to 60 or 80 cents. This was when minimum wage was @1.30$.hr. Shortages at the pump and lines around the block. So the Feds lowered the speed limit to 55 nationwide. Fuch me. It took forever to get anywhere.
ConeDodger
Perhaps some of the film is vintage, but at the end, our hero (driver) walks towards building with a wheelchair ramp. The Americans with Disabilities Act requiring such ramps wasn't passed until mid-1990...
Dave_Darling
True, but the ramps existed before the ADA required them... I remember a few from my hometown in the 70s and 80s.

--DD
CptTripps
I like to think that he was going to visit his grandma...which is why the ramps are there. He's clearly an upstanding individual. Also, half the shots have him with the top on...and others it's off. Sometimes he's wearing a hat...others he isn't. (possibly to cover the fact that it's a different "actor".

Oh...and the Ford Taurus he's parked next to kinda gives it away that it was made at LEAST in the 1986–1991 timeframe. And the car looks pretty bad, so I'd guess it on the later side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.