Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: air box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrrhdmust
So I pulled my airbox to paint the front under dash area. The PO glued the box together. It seems that there should be some fasteners (see red circles) to hold it together. What is everyone using to hold theirs together, or where can I source the fasterners?
Click to view attachment
Thanks
Socalandy
I can send you some clips but looks like your tabs are broken and why it was glued. I have a few spare boxes. Let me know, just cover the shipping
jrrhdmust
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Apr 25 2014, 08:04 AM) *

I can send you some clips but looks like your tabs are broken and why it was glued. I have a few spare boxes. Let me know, just cover the shipping

Awesome PM sent
jvmarino
I saw this post and it reminded me of the fact that when I restored my 914 many years ago, I didn't have clips, and I just used tie-wire to hold the clip areas together (this was well before the ease of internet selling of used parts). It holds well and is pretty unobtrusive, but of course I would prefer the proper material. Are these clips still available from anywhere, or are used ones the only option for us?
Eric_Shea
Used only I would think.

For the OP, now's the time to go through your butterflies as well. 914Rubber makes a complete set to recondition the box.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.