Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thought I was going to snag this one!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
But Lost out. This car passed through me years ago. It came with my GT - the -6 was so rusted, the PO was going to do a VIN Swap in to this car (Truly Rust Free Car from Syracuse N.Y.). The PO (quite the Dickhead) tried to play games with me saying he didn't know where the -6 Title was, then found it, then said he didn't know where the Title for this was. He never got it and then was pissed off when I restored the -6 into a GT. I Cut the fenders & originally attached the FG Flares. I originally was going to make a car for my son, but since I never got the Title and then acquired 3 other Factory 914-6s within 5 months, meant this car had to go. I traded it to the shop in Orlando that was doing the work on the GT, they sold it to a (former) Member here. He did what looks like a good paint job, but without the Flares. He sold it here a couple years ago. I found it on eBay still in South Florida. I was High Bidder until the last few seconds. It was just a Roller without a Title. It was worth $1500 to me max and that didn't include the short trek to get it. I know that Rust Free 914s are desirable (especially on the East Coast), but besides myself & a couple of others, who could really say that! Over $2k, plus Fees, Plus Shipping, Plus Title Hassles.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Porsche-914-R...=true&rt=nc

Here it was back at my place

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

yes that is my Spyder on the left

Click to view attachment

r_towle
Missed one more....

Don't worry, it will pop up again, further along in the process.
arkitect
Looks like a good condition roller. Don't see too many where they isn't rust in all the usual places, even on the west coast.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.