Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC 05 Virtual Swap Meet!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
bondo
Since the WCC has no official swap meet, I thought we could have an unofficial virtual swap meet. List your items to sell/trade and stuff you need here.

(at this point there is no organized time/place to do the swapping during the WCC. You're on your own to make arrangements to swap whatever you're buying/selling/trading)

I will post my list of stuff to sell and stuff I need shortly.. I need to think about it IPB Image
Carlitos Way
Sounds like a good deal to me. Wondering if Howard will be OK with it...?
Aaron Cox
looking for a 150 mph silver center speedo,
911 oil pressure combo gauges
912 silver center tach with redline at 6k
bondo
QUOTE (cmolina @ Jan 13 2005, 03:04 PM)
Sounds like a good deal to me. Wondering if Howard will be OK with it...?

He gave it the OK in the nailed WCC thread. He even said he'd link to it.
Howard
oops, forgot to do link. just a sec...
Howard
Done!
Allan
I can't find the link. Help? IPB Image
bondo
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jan 13 2005, 07:00 PM)
I can't find the link. Help? IPB Image

The link is on the first page of the nailed WCC05 discussion thread.. it brings you here. since you're here, you don't really need the link IPB Image
Allan
Okay then, lets sell some parts. Who needs stuff? I got complete front and rear suspension and axle assemblies and just about any body part you need. All from a '75.
Howard
I need a better attitude. And if you have extras, bet we can auction them off IPB Image
skline
Isnt this what we have the classifieds for??? Just an observation.
Howard
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 13 2005, 06:20 PM)

Well, yeah, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. We're lucky here with all the local guys helping each other and shlepping shit from one place to the other. Some would require difficult and expensive shipping, so if a guy is coming from BFE, may be a good chance to pick up or get rid of something bulky.
mightyohm
A separate forum for this would be cool, this thread will be a 100 page long mess by the time WCC gets here otherwise. (unless noone has anything to swap. IPB Image )

What about a WCC forum with a subsection for the virtual swap meet, another for caravans/hotel info, etc.

Does the WCC have a webpage? I could see a newbie being confused about what the WCC actually is just based on the nailed thread (which is 10 pages long, kind of overwhelming).
drew365
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 13 2005, 06:27 PM)

Well, yeah, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. We're lucky here with all the local guys helping each other and shlepping shit from one place to the other. Some would require difficult and expensive shipping, so if a guy is coming from BFE, may be a good chance to pick up or get rid of something bulky.

Well, actually, if a guy is coming from BFE, I hope he couldn't get any metal parts through customs. Maybe we need a metal detector for the WCC. IPB Image
bondo
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 13 2005, 07:27 PM)

I figure it's more money for our 914s, less money in Fedex's, UPS's and USPS's pockets. Less broken cooling fins too IPB Image

If nobody cares and nothing comes of it, no harm done. (time for me to figure out what parts I still need)
Howard
QUOTE (jkeyzer @ Jan 13 2005, 06:33 PM)
I could see a newbie being confused about what the WCC actually is just based on the nailed thread (which is 10 pages long, kind of overwhelming).

Nope. The first page is updated and the time with the links are there. As the tag says READ THE FIRST PAGE. The rest of it is all fluff, but fun. If you all think it would be better, I can always delete all of the other posts and just keep it a one page deal. Anything you guys want (as long as it's MY WAY) IPB Image
Carlitos Way
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 13 2005, 06:55 PM)
QUOTE (jkeyzer @ Jan 13 2005, 06:33 PM)
I could see a newbie being confused about what the WCC actually is just based on the nailed thread (which is 10 pages long, kind of overwhelming).

Nope. The first page is updated and the time with the links are there. As the tag says READ THE FIRST PAGE. The rest of it is all fluff, but fun. If you all think it would be better, I can always delete all of the other posts and just keep it a one page deal. Anything you guys want (as long as it's MY WAY) IPB Image

I want a double cheeseburger... and a date with your daughter...
Howard
Have original targa top vg condition. Want smooth targa top vg condition.
SLITS
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 14 2005, 09:39 AM)
Have original targa top vg condition. Want smooth targa top vg condition.

Sand paper..............

Yep, I can see from your attitude, you really need to made an Admin.
VegasRacer
Transmission for sale

When I bought my /6 it came with 2 trannys. The one that was on the car has close ratio gears. It was a lot of fun but I didn't want to run at high RPM's on the highway, so I put the stock one back on.

Here is what I know about the extra one: Less than 10K miles of use. It works great. I don't know the exact gears.
1st might be AB (it's a little taller than stock). 5th might be X. If you need a transmission for a track car, this could be the one for you.

I have no strong motivation to sell, but the reality is that I will probably not put it back on my car. Make me an strong offer and I will change my mind about keeping it as a spare. It can be delivered to the WCC (If I ask Rich or RS914 nicely to help). I will not ship it so please don't ask if you are not comming to the WCC.
bondo
Ok, since I started this I figure I should get around to posting my needs and haves.

I NEED: (I realize some of this is unlikely, but you never know what people have laying around)

Euro lenses (all of them)
Transmission gasket/seal set
Pilot Lites
Rear wheel bearings
Rear sway bar drop links
228mm KEP clutch/flywheel for late SBC
Rear defrost window and/or switch (only if it's cheap, I can live without it, but the rear glass is out right now...)
10 studs for 5 lug hub redrill
Drivers side black headlight surround

I HAVE:

Late style passenger door with all glass and inside door handle (has some bondo on it, and has been cut for a speaker)
3 914 901 cases
1 912 902 case
many 901 parts (no H gear)
1.7 or 1.8 engine tin (the two parts with spark plug holes)
1.8/bus heads (rebuilt, says previous owner)
Alternator
Starter
Shifter (late style)
Door latch and ignition lock set (key works ignition and one door) Latches need repair
late heater blower
early heater blower
1.7 distributor (bad vac advance unit)
1 flapper box

I can provide pictures if needed. See you at the WCC!
bondo
Addendum: Looks like I also need a decent wiring harness for a 73 (one that hasn't been chewed to bits by varmints)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.