Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas line replacement for carbs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hine62
I need to replace the gas line in the tunnel. Could I replace it with rubber and if so what type of rubber line?

Hine62
bdstone914
QUOTE(Hine62 @ Apr 26 2014, 10:33 AM) *

I need to replace the gas line in the tunnel. Could I replace it with rubber and if so what type of rubber line?

Hine62

I would not for safety reasons. The plastic was dangerous enough. Get a set of stainless lines from one of the venders and do it right. You have the chance of rubber lines getting chafed by clutch or accelerator cables. Plus rubber lines have a limited life.
At my last job we bought Gates transmission hose which only had a shelf like of five years. It was probably under rated but it needs to get replaced.

Bruce
Krieger
Do not use rubber. Buy a set of Stainless from Tangerine Racing. I got both lines just in case I ever went back to injection.
Hine62
ok, thank you. I only need one line correct? I have no return line.
Kirmizi
One line yes, but two pieces.
The first extends from the fuel tank to the rear firewall and the second line from there up through the engine shelf.
toolguy
One piece goes thru the tunnel. hose the rest of the way. . make one 90 degree bend at the firewall. You can get it at your FLAPS. . NAPA has straight lengths, 3/8s dia is plenty
and no return needed. .
brant
Here we go again.

There are benefits to running a return on carbs.
I've done a few cars with brake lines from napa
Easier with the motor out.
vw505
I got the 9.5 line from Chris very nice stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.