Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gotta Vent
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
ARGH,,, Vendor advertising a product for a certain price,, call vendor on that product to see if its in stock and if not how long to get it... give vendor my phone #,, vendor calls back, tells me he can get product in about 2 weeks,, catch is PRICE they want almost twice as much as they advertised for this product,,, WHAT IS THAT,,,, don't they have to sell the product for the price that is advertised.......

ARGH,,,,I gotta get in the parts business,, amazing.

NOT MY DAY ö¿ö
Brad Roberts
Oh come on..

I bet they have "Great Customer Service"

B
Lawrence
Your luck with parts vendors sounds exactly like mine. LOL

Perf Products again?
Zeke
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ May 29 2003, 01:08 PM)
don't they have to sell the product for the price that is advertised.......

Yes, they do, but unless they are in the same state as you, forget it. Otherwise, you could pursue this ewith the stats attorney gereral's office if you want to bother with it. Also, make sure they didn't have a disclaimer like, "Limited to stock on hand," or "While supplies last," or an expiration date.
rhodyguy
Prices: All prices subject to change without prior notice. However, we will notify you of any price increase before shipment. Automotion reserves the right to correct any typographical errors.

read the last page of most catalogs, it's usually there.

kevin
Bruce Allert
Yup, they can change the price after the ads come out. Tried to buy an advertised digi camera from a big house in NY... price went up over $50. When I politely asked how they can do this the guy stated "we can do whatever we want"! I said, "BUT" and he hung up! blink.gif Oh well, eh?
bruce
Drums66
That's the vacuum that is used........to see how much they can Goose you for! one of the oldest sales trick's on planet earth wink.gif
seanery
DON'T EVER BUY FROM THOSE SCAM ARTIST PLACES IN NY.
Support your local camera store. Use someone else's prices to help you get a good deal if you have to.
Jeff Krieger
This discussion reminds me of how Visa will soon charge me 2.5% (currently 1.8%) to convert foreign currency to Canadian dollars (e.g., when I purchase something from the states). That must mean that it takes Visa's computer 10 times as long to convert, say, 100 US dollars to Canadian $ as it does to convert 10 US dollars and that's why it's 10 times more expensive, right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.