Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can you stump Dave Darling?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
So,
Dave is sitting at home, cut up knees, bored.

Let's see if someone can come up with a technical 914 question, historical ones also that Stump DD?...

Rich
r_towle
When was the first production 914 made?
What was its serial number?
timothy_nd28
What about the special altitude compensator for Ljets? Could one be added after the fact? Are all Ljet ECU's capable of handling this module? confused24.gif
JeffBowlsby
Which model year 914 did not have a factory provision for an oil temp dash light or gauge?
r_towle
Ummm,

earth to Dave....stop taking the meds dude.
balljoint
He is searching for a tape measure to see how tall he is now. ohmy.gif
Cap'n Krusty
No!!!!!! He said he wanted to GET a tattoo, not BE Tattoo ............................!

The Cap'n
HalfMoon
Of the LE's (specifically the Bumblebee's) how many had dealer installed AC?
HarveyH
Click to view attachment

Cut up knees?
Dave_Darling
Holy crap, those are bad!

I'm not too bad. Just got back from dropping the wife off at the airport and then a trip to the grocery store. I may have overdone it a bit, but I'm resting now.

Just a few small holes in the knees. Arthroscopy is pretty advanced these days.

Let's see...

Towelie, I'm guessing that the first production 914 was made in August 1969. That's when they switched over model years, so it makes some sense that the first ones would have been then. I could probably look up the actual date and serial number (VIN? Would start with 47029 ... Might end with 112?) in my copy of Das Grosse VW-Porsche Buch, if I could find it. And if I could actually read German. wink.gif

Timothy, it was a pressure sensor that lived in the engine bay. I don't know how it worked; I haven't taken one apart. I don't think they did anything to the ECU to accommodate it, so it would have to modify the other sensor inputs. If the FI wiring harness has a plug for it, I bet it would work.

Jeff, if the wiring diagrams are correct, all of the 72+ cars had at least some wiring for oil temperature gauges. The 72 wiring was weird, though. AFAIK, 70-71 would have identical wiring, and none of the four-cylinder cars would have had provision for temp gauges. But you said "model year" singular, so you probably have something in mind. So I'll flip a mental coin and say the 71 model year.

Going to put ice on my knees again shortly. The cats are happy to see me staying in one place for so long; it gives them a nice warm person to perch on.

--DD
sean_v8_914
...the chicken or the egg?
gms
OK Dave
What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
flippa
How many cookies did Andrew eat?
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Apr 26 2014, 09:02 PM) *

IPB Image

QUOTE(gms @ Apr 27 2014, 10:11 AM) *

OK Dave

African or European swallow?

--DD
ConeDodger
QUOTE(gms @ Apr 27 2014, 09:11 AM) *

OK Dave

Why would anyone laden a swallow??? blink.gif
Big Len
If you were running a race and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?
bandjoey
What year will all remaining 914s be off jackstands? driving.gif
bandjoey
What year will all remaining 914s be off jackstands? driving.gif
timofly
If a 914 falls off the jack stands, and no one is there to see it, does it still make a noise?
struckn
When and what was the Last Manufacturer's Recall Notice Porsche
sent out for the 914?

Dave hope your new knees make you feel 10 years younger.

Doug

bye1.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Apr 26 2014, 11:02 PM) *

The Rooster.
gms
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 27 2014, 01:53 PM) *

QUOTE(gms @ Apr 27 2014, 10:11 AM) *

OK Dave

African or European swallow?

--DD

av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.