Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 sells at Mecum $48K
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
larryM
anybody know the SN of this car?

914-6 sells - scroll down about mid-page for photo

"1970 Porsche 914-6 2-dr targa coupe. NOM 2.4 Liter 6-cyl, 5-speed manual transmission.

White with black vinyl bucket seats, black hardtop panel, polished Fuchs wheels. A number of professional grade modifications including Kino shock absorbers, Weltmeister Sway Bars, and a later edition Blaupunkt stereo. Exterior of car looks pure stock, sits quite level, interior looked just the way it did when new, tight, clean and ready to go. OCRPG condition 2.

Sold at $48,000

This was a rather strong and very healthy price for this car, in fact it might be an auction record for a 914! While these cars have been considered the “step-child” to Porsches of the era, the VW produced little cars have really picked up in value in recent years, interest seems strong in nearly anything branded Porsche."

biosurfer1
If it's an original 914-6 with the upgraded engine, then that's about what I would expect for price...if it's a conversion, that is a very strong price.
larryM
still looking for VIN on this one

anybody here ??

1970 Porsche 914-6 2-dr targa coupe. NOM 2.4 Liter 6-cyl, 5-speed manual transmission. White with black vinyl bucket seats, black hardtop panel, polished Fuchs wheels. A number of professional grade modifications including Kino shock absorbers, Weltmeister Sway Bars, and a later edition Blaupunkt stereo. Exterior of car looks pure stock, sits quite level, interior looked just the way it did when new, tight, clean and ready to go. OCRPG condition 2.

Sold at $48,000

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour

•Sold new in California and registered until 1988
•Registrations included
•No expense spared restoration in 1991
•Original matching numbers 2.0 liter engine included with sale
•Currently a professionally built 2.4 liter engine
•Original owner's manual and keys
•Factory Fuchs alloy wheels
•Many awards
•Very well documented
•Correct factory leather sport seat
•Lowered with Koni shocks
•Weltmeister sway bars
sixnotfour
nov. 2013 35k

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/sales_history_...09_2013nov_ebay
sixnotfour
same auction,,,high bid 4500..
Cragars wheels ....
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0111-101814/19...sche-914-targa/
QUOTE(larryM @ Aug 19 2016, 12:21 AM) *

still looking for VIN on this one

anybody here ??

1970 Porsche 914-6 2-dr targa coupe. NOM 2.4 Liter 6-cyl, 5-speed manual transmission. White with black vinyl bucket seats, black hardtop panel, polished Fuchs wheels. A number of professional grade modifications including Kino shock absorbers, Weltmeister Sway Bars, and a later edition Blaupunkt stereo. Exterior of car looks pure stock, sits quite level, interior looked just the way it did when new, tight, clean and ready to go. OCRPG condition 2.

Sold at $48,000

Click to view attachment

Great info...
I'm confused on "why" so much interest with the VIN?
Are you checking to see if it was one of your previously owned car?

Fubawu
I just realized that auction was from 2014
toolguy
In 2014, when that auction was, $48K was a fair price for that car with the wrong motor installed. . depending on the condition and originality otherwise. . IMHO, that car today, in the same condition might be closer to the $65k you quoted. . .

I just sold a very nice no rust, no damage Six, 75K original documented miles in mostly original condition which I'd consider an extremely nice 'driver'. . for $75ooo. . It was immediately relisted in Hemmings for $93ooo. lost track of it after that. so the prices have risen notably in the last 1-2 years. . again, it all depends on the car and the buyer.
billh1963
QUOTE(Fubawu @ Aug 19 2016, 01:03 PM) *

I think this is a steal at $48k very clean car that comes with the original engine case?
I would have guessed $60k-$65k

I think the dirty little secret out there that few are voicing is that air cooled prices and flatlining and even dropping for everything except truly exceptional or rare cars.

Cars on Pelican that would have sold overnight last year are sitting unsold.

I'm not saying the bubble has burst....yet. But, I am saying those heady days with the yearly 30-40% price appreciation are over.

sixnotfour
3 nice sixes traded hands no advertisement in the Seattle area in the last 6 months 50-65k not restored but nice drivers
Amphicar770
I still think the air cooled are seeing the same bubble that hit the Mopars a few years ago. My boss sold his Cuda at auction for just over $200k. These days, similar cars selling for half that. Same thing happened briefly with Amphicars. One day the nicest were $40k, then one went for $130k in Scottsdale and suddenly everyone was asking $100k. Again, these days they are half that. I predict similar for the aircooled p cars.
toolguy
112,500 + commission, close to 125K.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0816-244412/19...he-914-6-targa/

Well, so much for the 'never over 100k' theory . This is the 2nd one I've seen sell for 110K in the last 2 months. . any bets on the 200K barrier for the best ones.
forrestkhaag
Not sure that six dige number is a problem WTF.gif
sixnotfour
ebay right now...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-1970-914-6...t-/142084988166
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Aug 19 2016, 08:22 PM) *

Not sure that six dige number is a problem WTF.gif

Mmm,excellent question ...read into the question - WTF
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 19 2016, 09:14 AM) *

I think this is a steal at $48k very clean car that comes with the original engine case?

I think the dirty little secret out there that few are voicing is that air cooled prices and flatlining and even dropping for everything except truly exceptional or rare cars.

I'm not saying the bubble has burst....yet. But, I am saying those heady days with the yearly 30-40% price appreciation are over.

It is the same old story, when a certain car marque becomes hot every POS that anyone can cobble together and put lipstick on gets taken to auction. The good original early 911's and 914-6's still command strong money and get sold by word of mouth behind the scenes. People who have the nice cars have a list of potential buyers and need no public forum to sell them.
mepstein
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Aug 20 2016, 10:29 AM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 19 2016, 09:14 AM) *

It is the same old story, when a certain car marque becomes hot every POS that anyone can cobble together and put lipstick on gets taken to auction. The good original early 911's and 914-6's still command strong money and get sold by word of mouth behind the scenes. People who have the nice cars have a list of potential buyers and need no public forum to sell them.

agree.gif none or at least very few of the cars that go through our shop and our customers get sold on public sites. It's usually a couple phone calls and a cash sale or a car trade that makes the transaction happen. Certainly never gets recorded by Hagerty.
GeorgeRud
Certainly big money for a nice car! Glad to see the 914-6 finally getting their due like the aircooled 911s have been experiencing.

Cars that are so simple and fun to drive they should be appreciating as we'll never see their like again and every year there's fewer around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.