Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrholland2
Hi,

I have two questions:

1. How do I safely remove the back trunk hinges with the torsiony springs so I don't screw something up or hurt me.

2. I'm switching stuff from one body to another. . trying to remove the engine compartment lid release cable, but on the old car, there is an attached tube and the new body doesn't have one. So, is there a different kind of self-contained cable I can use as the release cable?
Thanks
Sean
SLITS
1.) Requires a tool to release the end of the torsion bar from the roller.

2.) Somebody cut the tube out then. A choke pull cable assembly can be installed to release the engine hatch.
injunmort
I use a deep socket on an extention bar to release the torsion bars from the rollers.
r_towle
Deep 10 mm socket on a 6 inch extension as the handle.
Put it over the end of the torsion spring, gently push down, get it off the roller and let it all the way up, it just about touches the body when released.

Trunk lid must be removed.
Best to have the engine lid removed also.
Hold it firm, it's under pressure all the way to the end....which is way into that pocket area that holds the hinge.

For the second one, some brake line fabricated to the right shape and tacked into place will do the trick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.