Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1974 914 LE Creamsicle in Original Condition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
JoeA
I have decided to sell my 1974 Porsche 914 Limited Edition “Creamsicle”. Only 1000 Limited Edition 914s were built and 500 of them were Creamsicles, a color scheme of Light Ivory and Pheonix Red. This car is one of only 86 Creamsicles known to still exist. I have a Certificate of Authenticity for this car from Porsche, confirming that this is a genuine Limited Edition car.

This LE is in very original condition. The paint, interior (including an 8-track am/fm radio), and engine are all original and the car still looks great, and runs and drives beautifully. The 2.0 engine has the original mechanical fuel injection, which has never given me any problems at all. I’ve owned the car for 10 years and my knowledge, there are only a few minor things that are not original. I bought new reproduction center caps for the wheels, new reproduction lug nut covers, the battery, tires (except for the spare which is original), and a new tail light lens cover. Everything in the car works, except for the clock, the cold-start valve, and the odometer. The clock worked when I bought it and for several years afterwards, but it likely needs lubricating now. The hands move, but it no longer keeps any semblance of time like it once did. The cold-start valve is not really needed in my climate, so I simply unhooked and capped the hose leading to it and the car starts right up winter or summer here with no issues. The odometer stopped not many drives ago after I tried to reset the trip-meter to zero. That apparently jammed something. The miles showing are 49,068 and I do not believe that the car has been driven more than 500 miles since the odometer stopped.

All of the gauges work and the heater, original radio, fog lights, pop-up headlights, intermittent and two speed windshield wipers, hazard lights, etcetera work very well. The very nice original condition of the car is evidence of the low mileage and the care with which it has been driven and maintained. A previous owner of the car was a Amateur Radio enthusiast and had an antenna installed on the rear truck lid. The installation created a drill-hole in the rear trunk lid, but it was well capped-off when I bought it and has been fine since. I am not aware of any rust and the car is always garaged. It is listed on the 914 Limited Edition Registry, by the last five of the VIN: 15066, on Jeff Bowlsby's website: https://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/. You can hear the vehicle run in this video I took with my cell phone the other day, and uploaded to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1frEyrRiVis

North Carolina does issue titles for vintage cars and I do have the clear title to it.

I am asking $24,000 and can be contacted at 74porsche@gmail.com. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Cupomeat
Nice car, it is making me think...

Was it a NY car all its life? (You say NC but it has NY plates)
JoeA
Hi Cupomeat:

It is in Greensboro, NC. I bought the 1974 NY plate off ebay. In NC if a car is over 35 you can run a plate made the year of the car, as long as the NC plate is kept inside the car. I just liked the look of the NY plate.

I bought the car in 2004 in Asheville, NC and since then it has lived in Greensboro. The previous owner bought the car on ebay from a dealer in New Hampshire.

I'm not sure how long it was up north, but it was well cared for all its life as far as I can tell.

Thanks for looking at it!

Joe
914 carrera
Super Nice! GLWS!
Cupomeat
QUOTE(JoeA @ Apr 29 2014, 06:09 PM) *

Hi Cupomeat:

It is in Greensboro, NC. I bought the 1974 NY plate off ebay. In NC if a car is over 35 you can run a plate made the year of the car, as long as the NC plate is kept inside the car. I just liked the look of the NY plate.

I bought the car in 2004 in Asheville, NC and since then it has lived in Greensboro. The previous owner bought the car on ebay from a dealer in New Hampshire.

I'm not sure how long it was up north, but it was well cared for all its life as far as I can tell.

Thanks for looking at it!

Joe

Thanks Joe, beautiful Car!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.