Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need your help. Original seam sealer locations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
One of the reasons my car is getting painted again, is the last guy never reapplied the sprayed on Wurth seam sealer anywhere... headbang.gif

I have some photos of the locations, but I need some good clear reference photos of all the locations that the factory installed the bumpy sprayed on seam sealer.

Rear Trunk
Front trunk
Cabin floor
Cabin rear firewall
Underbody

Doing a google image search mostly finds photos of the seam sealer REMOVED.

I am looking for photos like this (from the recent creamsicle ad posted today).

IPB Image
1970 Neun vierzehn
Check out the Originality & History Sites' nailed threads. The front and rear trunk threads have some decent photos showing both the early, hand applied sealer, as well as the later MYs' spray application

Paul
Qarl
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Apr 30 2014, 09:00 PM) *

Check out the Originality & History Sites' nailed threads. The front and rear trunk threads have some decent photos showing both the early, hand applied sealer, as well as the later MYs' spray application

Paul

Thanks... what's really stumping me is the cabin floor (under the seats and front carpet mats).
1970 Neun vierzehn
These shots are from the pre-restoration of my 70/4. The Karmann factory folks barely touched the cabin of the early cars.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.