Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
I looked at this car today, anyone know of it or it's history?
Mueller
nope.....how'd it look? his ad said a /6....how solid is the chassis?

I though about looking at it myself....
Aaron Cox
is that ebay car?
what motor is actually in it 6? turbo? v6? IPB Image
Mueller
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 13 2005, 03:24 PM)
is that ebay car?
what motor is actually in it 6? turbo? v6? IPB Image

yep, eBay car...there is a thread on it from last night...not too much info...
ppickerell
Its a 4. 2 blower system is a not very well executed way to pump air into the engine compartment
ppickerell
asas
ppickerell
asd
ppickerell
asdasd
ppickerell
asdqwed
Mueller
looks like a $400 car to me.....are the wheels real Fuchs or fake I wonder ???
ChrisFoley
IPB Image

Not only is it a 4, but it still has the d-jet. IPB Image

My SCCA Club Racing car is more "pro" than that car will ever be!

The seller needs a few of these: IPB Image and these: IPB Image
GaroldShaffer
Not that I would or even could buy it, but wouldn't be a good base to start with. Seems to have some of the things to make a decent racecar? Again, just asking I don't know squat about 914 racecars (yet).
neo914-6
Pat,
Did you hear it run? It doesn't appear to but maybe there's work IN the engine and tranny. Are those cooling blowers plumbed for the engine compartment or brakes? I was interested until I found out it was a four. It's actually up to over $1500... IPB Image
It's hack enough for a V8! IPB Image
ppickerell
Engine will turn, but does not currently run. The blower system draws air from beneath the trunk area and pipes it in to the engine compartment and does not look well engineered. I offered him $1500 yesterday and he declined. Some rust in the longs, floor pans and trunk. Hood, bumpers and flares are FG. 5 lug conversion lbut I did not get down in the mud and look at the underside of the car. No logbook. Evidence of some jackass engineering here and there. Has been sitting outside for quite some time. At $2K my opinion is that one could have a fairly decent start on a racer! Much more than that and I would walk. I will go see the buyer again tomorrow depending on the bidding. Gotta watch out for CCLINBUYINGEVERY914INSIGHT!
neo914-6
Gotta watch out for CCLINBUYINGEVERY914INSIGHT!

Yeah he gets around! I'm too am getting the buying bug, I should not even look at more 914's after getting Bill's! IPB Image
GTeener
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Jan 14 2005, 10:42 AM)
It's hack enough for a V8! IPB Image

Or and electric racer IPB Image

Oh Otmar....where are you? IPB Image
14Maschine
I think I would love to get down in the mud and look under that car! The blower system sounds funny. Where is it located Patrick? IPB Image
Joe Ricard
Look out ya'll, future DAPO bitching coming our way.
ppickerell
The twin blowers appear to pull from the far rear side of the trunk and is piped into the wall at the front of the trunk into the engine bay. There is a switch on the dash. The car would not start, but the blowers blew?
ppickerell
Maybe it's just for idling situations?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.