Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake protective plate conundrum
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gulf908
Hi,

My mechanics have been working on my recently arrived 1970 914-6 and tell me I need a LH rear brake protective plate as the current one is only half there.
Both current rear plates are non vented and are goldish colour.
However in the parts cd there is a vented plate with a number starting 901... which I bought assuming it was for a -6.My mechanic now tells me it doesn't fit.
I have also seen black non vented plates on this site and e bay.
Which ones are correct for my car c/n 1907 May '70 build ?

TIA
Dennis. smile.gif
type47
I would say that from looking at the PET 603-00 that there is a protective plate for the -6 different from the protective plate for the -4. The PET gives a PN 901.352.801.21 for the -6 and 914.352.801.00 for the -4. The retaining bar PN is the same for -6 and -4. My guess it it will be very difficult to find replacement plates due to the limited number of -6's made but who can tell; maybe they were commonly removed and maybe someone has them. Best advice is to place a WTB ad at all the usual sites. There is a link to the PET in my signature.
r_towle
are you talking about the dust shield?
sbsix
The six has a different dust shield than the four, and the six dust shield is NLA and has been for a long time. Check Bruce Stone on this site, or place an add in want to buy on this site.
r_towle
Paragon products may have a solution.
He has backing plates that are for brake cooling systems, but he may have blank ones not advertised.

rich
Eric_Shea
Are you sure you don't need the bracket that mount to the shield as well?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.