Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear window defroster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jasfsmith
I'm attempting to assist the installation of a rear window with heating element. I have traced the lead to install a switch to control the heat defroster relay however cannot locate where the wire to the defroster exists the harness from the relay board. Anyone know where I can locate it? Also how/where was the wiring run to the rear window.
iamchappy
As i remember it, the rear window defroster has it's own separate wiring harness and 2 prong connector that plugs into the relay board. I think the wires of the harness are green and brown or green and white....
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Apr 28 2014, 09:39 AM) *

As i remember it, the rear window defroster has it's own separate wiring harness and 2 prong connector that plugs into the relay board. I think the wires of the harness are green and brown or green and white....

The wiring diagram that I have shows a lead (no. 7) from the relay board, going into the wiring harness, and ultimately to rear window defroster. The lead is there (green), I just don't know where it exits the harness.
toolguy
The leads are adjacent to the inside light leads under the backpad
iamchappy
Yes behind the back pad like he said...
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(toolguy @ Apr 28 2014, 01:03 PM) *

The leads are adjacent to the inside light leads under the backpad

Thank you!
r_towle