Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory 914-6 engine mount question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Seaside6
I have a 1970 factory 914-6. I'm trying to improve the shifting by replacing all the shift bushings with stock replacements, changing to WEVO transmission mounts, and I'd like to do something about the engine mount. It seems like the major aftermarket parts suppliers, at least Pelican and Stoddard, don't provide the oddball mount ( part#914 375 049 00), let alone a sport, solid or semi-solid version of the same mount.

I've already converted to a side shifting 901

What are the options for replacement/upgrade engine mounts?

Thanks for the help!
iamchappy
I don't think there are any options for it, the stock one seems to work just fine in my car, I have the wevo transmission mounts and think they are more important in reducing movement than the engine mount ..
Socalandy
I'm using a 901 converted to side shift, Stock 6 engine mount and ordered this kit from Patrick Motorsports. I'm really happy with the shifting. no slop and smooth thru the shift points. We did need to heat the one bend, it was a bit to stiff thru the gears.
GeorgeRud
I have the same setup on my car, and I think the Wevo transmissions mounts are the best at keeping the shifting consistent. I don't think that engine pivoting around the front mount creates a real problem.
Seaside6
Thanks for the quick replies.

socalandy, what have you done to preserve your headers? They look amazing!!!
JmuRiz
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but he got lucky and found a REALLY nice set...then had them ceramic coated.

Those have to be the best 914/6 heat exchangers I've seen!

Someone needs to make these again!!!!
Dave_Darling
Add the double-shear rear shift rod (the one with an extra flange on the side-shift console and a longer rod that goes through that flange), plus the Doc's new shift rake mod, and it should shift about as well as it is physically possible for a 914 to shift...

--DD
McMark
I'm prototyping this setup in two cars this month. Should have some good feedback on how well it works.
Socalandy
QUOTE(Seaside6 @ Apr 28 2014, 07:48 PM) *

Thanks for the quick replies.

socalandy, what have you done to preserve your headers? They look amazing!!!

Nothing I did... They were on a car for 3 months before the owner swapped them out for headers, then put in a closet for 30+ years
jmalone
Sweet fabrication Mark!
Phil Plummer
Does anybody know where one can get good quality 916 bumpers the ones I have are too poor of quality to install.
Only body work to do and I am driving
r_towle
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 29 2014, 03:36 PM) *

I'm prototyping this setup in two cars this month. Should have some good feedback on how well it works.

Is the wiring harness rubber dong a different shape on a six to get around the mount without stressing it out?
Socalandy
Looks Great!!! Maybe they moved the hole on the -6 confused24.gif looks like a late model -4 based on the firewall .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.