Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB: Porsche 914-6 & 914 CV Joint Bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
A&PGirl
GB: Porsche 914-6 & 914 CV Joint Bolts

New replacement CV Joint Bolts from one of my distributors. Distributor says the origin is Germany. Limit of (4) PK's of 16 per person and/or (8) PK's of 8 per person.

Price for a PK of 8: $7.00
Price for a PK of 16: $12.00

Shipping for a PK of 8: $2.50 1st class
Shipping for a PK of 16 or more: $5.35 priority

GB Ends May 8th. Shipments will start next week on Monday.

I take PayPal, Credit/Debt, and cash.

*911 CV bolts #90006722909 available.

Here are what the old 914 bolts look like.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
r_towle
What does the head look like?
Allen or triple square?
Cap'n Krusty
How come the per-piece price is higher if you buy 16 instead of 2 packages of 8?

The Cap'n
A&PGirl
Thanks for pointing out my mistake Cap'n. smile.gif
A&PGirl
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 29 2014, 09:16 PM) *

Allen or triple square?

EDIT:
Either the (what I call a 6 pt due to it having 6 points in the hex) or what I call the multi-spline which you have to buy the expensive special tool for. The manufacturers make both of them under the same part number in different batches. I won't know until they arrive and subsequent orders could have different heads.
nathansnathan
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Apr 29 2014, 08:35 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 29 2014, 09:16 PM) *

Allen or triple square?

Either the triple square or 12 pt. The manufacturers make both the triple & 12 pt under the same part number in different batches. I won't know until they arrive and subsequent orders could have different heads.

Triple square is 12 point. They're also called XZN bolts sometimes.
A&PGirl
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Apr 30 2014, 08:04 AM) *

QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Apr 29 2014, 08:35 PM) *

Either the triple square or 12 pt. The manufacturers make both the triple & 12 pt under the same part number in different batches. I won't know until they arrive and subsequent orders could have different heads.

Triple square is 12 point. They're also called XZN bolts sometimes.
^ spam.gif

About a year ago or so I told you to never post on my threads again because the admins had to go delete the threads due to your poor behavior.

I don't want you to post on my threads because it appears (from past behavior) that you want to mislead people.

To reiterate: Never post on my threads again. pissoff.gif
jacksun
colour me Newbeee.... question is ..........where are the washers in

the photo above?

just curious as I am trying to learn everything I can...

saw your other fs add regarding the washers.

tks

randal
A&PGirl
1st Batch of 914 bolts. Latest Porsche superseded number on the bag. I have a 2nd batch coming.

nathansnathan
Seems you are the one who is being abusive, as well as spreading misinformation. My behavior? I've refrained from correcting you plenty of times. Get over yourself, jerkoff.
A&PGirl
QUOTE(jacksun @ Apr 30 2014, 12:08 PM) *

colour me Newbeee.... question is ..........where are the washers in

the photo above?

just curious as I am trying to learn everything I can...

saw your other fs add regarding the washers.

tks

randal

Randal,

The axle in the picture came from a parts stash I picked up in Arkansas. There were no Schnorr washers on any of the CV bolts. The bolts were bent as well.

Yes, you need Schnorr washers with your bolts. The washers can prevent unfortunate incidents where significant amounts of money is needed to repair the car.

Schnorr's proper name for the washers is: Schnorr Safety Disc.

The washers can only be used (1) time then thrown away. It is like the aviation/military jargon of "R&R" (Remove & Replace).
A&PGirl
nathansnathan: You apparently have no comprehension abilities. Several years, many posts, and deleted threads because of your behavior clearly prove this. As such there is proper title for your behavior when you ignore simple & easy to comprehend sentences.

You are a TROLL. Your behavior is TROLLING.

Therefore, I will treat you as such and report to the moderates when necessary. BTW, I'll will be keeping an offline log.

Do not post on my threads, troll. pissoff.gif
A&PGirl
1st Batch of 911 bolts.

TheCabinetmaker
Carrie, why don't you just put him in your ignored users? It's a public forum.
nathansnathan
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ May 2 2014, 02:41 PM) *

nathansnathan: You apparently have no comprehension abilities. Several years, many posts, and deleted threads because of your behavior clearly prove this. As such there is proper title for your behavior when you ignore simple & easy to comprehend sentences.

Therefore, I will treat you as such and report to the moderates when necessary. BTW, I'll will be keeping an offline log.

IIrc, the situation was I corrected you and you couldn't handle being wrong, so you started a new thread so as to not come off as the dumb ass you are. Those threads are still here. No moderators were involved. Again, get over yourself. About half of everything you post here is like a group trip to the hardware store to buy the wrong parts.

Stop taunting me. I don't appreciate this crap. Carry on with your little thread, by all means.
PANTLODE
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ May 2 2014, 05:41 PM) *

BTW, I'll will be keeping an offline log.

ohmy.gif
r_towle
Are both sets of bolts you have shown Allen head bolts?

Curious also, more a general question for the masses..
Is there a specific hardness these bolts should be?

Rich
scotty b
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ May 2 2014, 01:41 PM) *

blink.gif wow ...... mellow.gif

A&PGirl
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 2 2014, 07:11 PM) *

Are both sets of bolts you have shown Allen head bolts?

Curious also, more a general question for the masses..
Is there a specific hardness these bolts should be?

Rich

Hi Rich,

No, they are not generic "Allen". They are Porsche spec bolts that came in Porsche spec bagging & labeling for parts houses/indie repair shops. The pictures I posted today show the labeling.

For your next question, the 911 have in super tiny print "12.9". I'll look at the 914 later.
A&PGirl
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ May 2 2014, 04:41 PM) *

The Cabinetmaker & scottyb -

Your behavior has been no better than the Troll, nathansnathans. Anyone who can use the search function can find what you have written.

It is my firm belief, that the level of discourse on this forum needs to rise several levels higher.

To the Cabinetmaker & scottyb: Do not post on my threads again.
r_towle
Carrie,

Typically I would not say anything, but sorry, I feel the need to remind you of a few facts.

this is not YOUR forum, and it's not your thread.
This is OUR forum, we started it, we have grown this forum and YOU are leveraging OUR social network and community site to make money and a profit.

be nice and stop trying to control what people say in OUR forum...again it's not your forum.

If you would like to have your classified advertisement to be left with no comments, use the classified area that has specific rules for this.

DO NOT try to change the rules here by bullying anyone...
it will not work and won't be accepting in OUR community.

Rich
TheCabinetmaker
So, suggesting you ignore his post is bad behavior?
Everyone who post something you don't like or take out of text is a troll?
Very strange behavior. You have a lot of anger if would seem.
Eric_Shea
Yikes. Did someone skip their medication?
MDG
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ May 2 2014, 10:32 PM) *

To the Cabinetmaker & scottyb: Do not post on my threads again.

agree.gif

Oh, don't forget to jot them down in your log.
scotty b
Cory, you have shown your ego ( ass ) many times over on this forum and others. Yes, there are quite a few of us who also frequent Early S registry, Pelican and other forums and have seen your brash, bragadocious attitude. I could care less about slamming you for the product you sell, BUT your persona is your own worst enema. Best of luck to you and your attitude. Keep it up, show everyone what you really are, perhaps you and George H can share your " logs " over coffee sometime. rolleyes.gif

r_towle
Braggadocios.

Word of the day
Dr Evil
*Carrie (not Cory) biggrin.gif

popcorn[1].gif
bulitt
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 3 2014, 10:01 AM) *

Braggadocios.

Word of the day

Wasn't that word in Mary Poppins?
SupercalifragalistickexpiBRAGGADOCIOUS. ?
timothy_nd28
Nothing else to see here, I'm locking this thread
A&PGirl
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 2 2014, 09:42 PM) *

Carrie,

Typically I would not say anything, but sorry, I feel the need to remind you of a few facts.

this is not YOUR forum, and it's not your thread.
This is OUR forum, we started it, we have grown this forum and YOU are leveraging OUR social network and community site to make money and a profit.

be nice and stop trying to control what people say in OUR forum...again it's not your forum.

If you would like to have your classified advertisement to be left with no comments, use the classified area that has specific rules for this.

DO NOT try to change the rules here by bullying anyone...
it will not work and won't be accepting in OUR community.

Rich

Greetings,

I'm sorry you are upset that I told people who could not mind their manners in my thread not post in my threads. It is just common courtesy to mind you P&Q's or not post.

Telling people to mind their manners is not telling them what to do or that I own the forum or that I am behaving a in bullying manner.

Everyone who posts in the 914World community should be treated with dignity & respect, but sometimes it sinks to the level of an elementary school playground where the biggest & meanest attempt to terrorize the younger, the smaller and those who appear to different or weak.

Certainly, at some times dignity & respect appears to be sorely lacking.

I am disappointed that you were dragged into the bandwagon of disrespect & elementary school behavior. You always appeared to be a stand up ethical & moral individual with good judgement.

No where have I tried to change the rules or assert that I own the forum or that I want to own the forum.

In fact, I try to be extremely polite in communicating with individuals here on the board & in private messages.

I hope you and others will think about the points I am trying to make here.

r_towle
Thanx for the pm Carrie,

I am not mad, I am disappointed that you have chosen to post a classified ad in the main garage, and then try to enforce a set of rules that only you think applies.

This is a social network.
Free and open dialogue, good bad or ugly is what makes this place tick.

You continue to try and bring an attitude of maybe a victim and I am sorry you feel that way.

I would suggest to you that you have simple options here.

1) post in the garage, and accept all the sarcasm, poking, and joking that goes with that...and lighten up
2) post your obvious classified ad in the classified section, it has rules that may suit your needs
3) walk away from a pleasant social network and sell your wares in other ways....
4) post in the sandbox and take a ton of joking, lots of ribbing, and maybe you will laugh on occasion

I would strongly suggest that you think of this like a bar.
If you walked into the middle of a conversation and started to act as you have been acting, most of the time you would be shunned, and no one would take what you say seriously.

I would also suggest that you might want to consider this simple question.
Would you dare to act like you do in public? Do you get nasty when someone's asks a question? This is still real people and real life, so try to act so your mother would be proud of you.

Rich
MDG
laugh.gif

It's just you. It's not your product. It's you as a person. You don't see these contentious threads with any of the other vendors (except George). You are just an extremely antagonistic, rude and incredibly self absorbed person who has the innate ability to bring out the absolute worst in people.

Take a long hard look in the mirror.

Dr Evil
Holy shit, that was a CANADIAN being mean. ohmy.gif
r_towle
Mike has been in a pissy mood ever since I reminded him that he used to smoke....
Mike Bellis
hide.gif

popcorn[1].gif

screwy.gif
mepstein
canadian mean
bigkensteele
Carrie,

I have watched your threads with amazement over the last few years. You advertise $3 worth of hardware that any idiot could find if he knew how to spell google and price it at $27 plus shipping.

My amazement is twofold:
1.) there are always about 3 people who say they are in. I guess they don't know how to spell google or mcmaster
2.) damn near every one of your threads ends up with you acting like a 5 year-old defending your own aggression.

I really don't understand why you continue to put yourself through this. You obviously aren't making any real money here.

To be truly honest with you, I thought about buying the seat rail bushings, because I need them and the price isn't too crazy. The reason I won't - you and how you have represented yourself here.

Please feel free to ban me from posting on your threads in the future. And while you are at it, ban me from passing gas in elevators. That is how the Fuhrer would have wanted it.
Mike Bellis
av-943.gif
MDG
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 3 2014, 07:14 PM) *

Mike has been in a pissy mood ever since I reminded him that he used to smoke....

Dammit, Rich!! mad.gif
TheCabinetmaker
popcorn[1].gif stirthepot.gif screwy.gif

I could write a chapter of crap you wouldn't believe here, but not gonna waste my time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.