Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Critter Gitter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Okay boys and girls, I'm sorry if this is during dinner time, but here goes. The 912 that I posted on here a week ago, has a rat in the smugglers box, and it has set up housekeeping. It has made a nest from a chamios and latex gloves and a bicycle handlebar streamer.
He has been in there for sometime, and he is big. Okay I have tried the sticky traps, did not work. I know have an Electronic Rat Trap with four "C" cell batteries that deliver a ZAP to the little varmit when it sticks its head inside to get at the Skippy smooth peanut butter inside.
Doe's anyone have any other suggestions? It is beginning to piss me off and I want to clean it out an move on.
CCLINRATPATROL
skline
44 magnum, one shot and its all over. IPB Image
skline
Ok, since that will leave an undesired hole, try picking up a good insect fogger, one of those ones that doesnt smell that bad. Insert it into the car and close all the doors and windows, leave it for a good part of the day and then open it up, take out the rat and then put an air freshener inside.

Done
boxstr
Great idea, that way I will have a hole for water drainage. Scott I know of a really nice driver in San Diego for $400. I will OPM you the address, you can leave tonight. Get a move on. IPB Image
CCLINRATPATROL
skline
I will be hanging on the edge of my seat waiting for your message. I will leave as soon as its here. IPB Image
vortrex
you can't grab him?
redshift
Take him out for a drive, and drive REALLY CRAZY.

IPB Image

Tell the cops I told you ta do dat.

Or, you could put 5lbs of moth balls in there for an hour, with some heat...

M
GaroldShaffer
Gas the bugger. If you have a small enough space run the car or another car next to it in a closed area for about 20min or so. Works well here im my 16 x 16 shed. I leave the mower run for about 20 min with the door & window closed once a month or so. I have gas'd my share of mice & other no shed friendly critters this way.
skline
Just dont forget to take the dead critter out afterwards, otherwise, the car will never sell.
boxstr
That is the reason I need to be able to find the little critter once it is dead. I don't want it dying while back down in the heat ducts.
CCLINRATPATROL
skline
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jan 13 2005, 09:05 PM)
That is the reason I need to be able to find the little critter once it is dead. I don't want it dying while back down in the heat ducts.
CCLINRATPATROL

I got an idea Craig, Use a heat gun going up the heater duct to force him out. When he pops his head out, shoot him with some scented bug spray or a pellet gun, right in the head.

I could do that. Piece of cake.

SWKGREATWHITEHUNTER
EdwardBlume
Play Elton John tunes... any record will do. IPB Image
Lou W
IPB Image
skline
Yeah Craig, once you klill it and get it out of the car, we need to see a picture of this huge rat. I mean really, how big could he be if he fits in a heater duct? Now if you have an opossum in there, thats different, you wont kill him with no stinkin pellet gun. I shot one in the eye once with a very high powered pellet rifle and he never did die.
plas76targa
This reminds me of one of my favorite "dirty Eddie" jokes.

"A rat, a big F'ing rat. With a tail this long!" IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Lou W
IPB Image
rhodyguy
dirty eddie, too funny. what/where is the smugglers hole?
Brando
Hmmm... drill a small hole in behind it.

Set Air-hose up to max PSI.

Affix air hoze to small hole.

Eject rat?
agrump
Throw a python in there. No one will care about the rat then.

Whatever you do, make sure you get it on video! IPB Image
boxstr
Okay Pics at 5.
CCLINRATNEWS
sanman
you guys going the long way about it. get a good ole rat trap and some peanut butter. one snap and it over IPB Image no dead rat to locate after he hides and dies from gas or poison. IPB Image
scruz914
QUOTE (Rob Ways @ Jan 13 2005, 10:15 PM)

No No No... Elton John will make him die in place. Barry Manalow will make him run!

Once I had a rat living in some drainage pipes and at night he would crawl up a down spout and make a racket. I dropped some rat killer pellets into the drainage pipe and the rat died. After a few days the smell started. You do not want an animal dying where you cannot get to him.
BIGKAT_83
Stab it with a broken CHOPSTICK

IPB Image
jd74914
Stab it with a broken CHOPSTICK

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Copstick method has my vote
nynone4
QUOTE (Rob Ways @ Jan 13 2005, 09:15 PM)

Bahahahaha!!! My vote would be for any Asley Simpson song... IPB Image
boxstr
Okay this is the lid to the "smugglers box'on a 912, located in the front trunk. The same on 911s.
boxstr
This is the inside of the "smugglers box" notice the nesting material.
CCLINRATPATROL
boxstr
And this is the former resident of the"smugglers box", he even had his own cellphone. The black box is the Electronic Rat Trap. It ZAPS what ever enters and licks the peanut butter located at the far end.
CCLINRATPATROL
GTeener
My friend just caught 2 rats recently (in the kitchen IPB Image ) by 1st leaving tasty niblets out on an unset trap for a couple of days. Then gluing tasty niblets to the rat trap. 1st rat was a clean kill. Unfortunately the 2nd rat wasn't. IPB Image that sucker ran bleeding all over the kitchen floor before dying. IPB Image
seanery
Mothballs work great with rats...they hate 'em. IPB Image
Howard
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 14 2005, 04:45 PM)
Mothballs work great with rats...they hate 'em. IPB Image

Yeah, I just can't throw 'em hard enough. Glad this had a happy ending (except for the rat)
d7n7master
Buggers will eat anything - including elec. wiring & rubber hoses. A major bummer when this happens. Hasn't happened to me but I've seen pics of the carnage when critters have their way for a few months...

I use the mothball technique when we store our boat in the winter. I put them in a BIG un-zip-locked bags under the ski locker & in the engine compartment.
I found this handy 'lil solution in BoatersWorld mag. long ago. They're good for a few months - then just replace the m'balls as needed.

This way, there are NO traps & NO clean-up req'd.
Lou W
He looks soo.... peaceful.
Good Job! IPB Image
buck toenges
The cost of the rat zapper isn't going to be added to the price of the 912 is it? IPB Image
boxstr
Yes it is, that is a Factory Accesorie.
CCLINCAMP912
airsix
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jan 14 2005, 07:39 PM)
Yes it is, that is a Factory Accesorie.
CCLINCAMP912

Craig,
Give me the skinny on the 912. I missed the previous info. Got a cousin-in-law interested in replacing the '69 he recently shoved up the back end of a pickup.

-Ben M.
Trekkor
I cracked up again when I saw the rat's cellphone laugh.gif

KT
Lou W
Yah, pretty funny. biggrin.gif
shaggy
im kinda sad you go to him before i got to throw in my 2 cents

i was gonna say some kind of mild explosive

m80-ish

might have been messy though...
Leo Imperial
I want to see pics of the M80 idea.
It is not too late. Just shove it in the buggers mouth.
Payback for what he did to your car smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.