Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR: Whos driving up from the bay area and when?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
Amoy and i are planning to drive up there Thursday mid-day-ish.
Anyone else going around the same time?

idea.gif

184 mi, 3 hours 11 mins

Click to view attachment
r_towle
61 mph.....
I think you can beat that time.
JStroud
The Wife and I are planning on leaving around noon or earlier on Thursday, but I'm taking the back way from my house and going up hwy 88, nicer drive than 50, maybe longer , but nicer. Anyone who wants to join up can meet at my house or along the way.

Jeff
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JStroud @ Apr 29 2014, 08:50 PM) *

The Wife and I are planning on leaving around noon or earlier on Thursday, but I'm taking the back way from my house and going up hwy 88, nicer drive than 50, maybe longer , but nicer. Anyone who wants to join up can meet at my house or along the way.

Jeff

Careful with that route Jeff. The going can get a little... rocky if you know what I mean... blink.gif
biosurfer1
I'm heading up straight from work Thursday, but won't get off until 4 (maybe a bit earlier). My office looks out of 50 right at 65th so wave if you go by! wavey.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 29 2014, 11:04 PM) *

QUOTE(JStroud @ Apr 29 2014, 08:50 PM) *

Jeff

Careful with that route Jeff. The going can get a little... rocky if you know what I mean... blink.gif

There just solid cones. lol-2.gif I've never had a problem on 88, and I like the drive better than 50.
boxsterfan
I would love to go, but my motor just runs too hot for me to trust it. Still getting up over 220 degrees driving around San Ramon with the rain tray off.

I'm also a CSOB when it comes to hotels. Can one sleep comfortably in a 914? biggrin.gif
green914
We are taking off right from SO's work on Thursday - about 4:00. Going to hit 50 at Sunrise. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 30 2014, 06:32 AM) *
so wave if you go by! wavey.gif

That reminds me, i need to fix my horn!
biggrin.gif
jeeperjohn56
I'll be leaving my house around 1:00 in the afternoon, have to do my treatment for Dailysis first, Will probity go up 50 might be the easiest. Jeff will you be bringing the white one with the six? John
wes
I did sleep in a 914 one time back when I was much younger,,, wouldn't recommend it though!
wes
Im planing to leave mid to late morning. If any one needs something brought up, Ill be in my truck with ample space in the case you have stuff that wont fit your car let me know!
MartyYeoman
I'm planning on going up Thursday sometime. I really liked the route we took to the last Tahoe WCC, we didn't hit a freeway once. Maybe I'll see if I can duplicate it again. Jeff, Shoot me a PM with your address. We might just meet up and travel together. driving.gif
Marty
JStroud
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Apr 30 2014, 02:33 PM) *

I'll be leaving my house around 1:00 in the afternoon, have to do my treatment for Dailysis first, Will probity go up 50 might be the easiest. Jeff will you be bringing the white one with the six? John

Should be, started today, engine seems ok. Got a few kinks to work out but it should be ready to make the trip.
JStroud
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Apr 30 2014, 05:59 PM) *

I'm planning on going up Thursday sometime. I really liked the route we took to the last Tahoe WCC, we didn't hit a freeway once. Maybe I'll see if I can duplicate it again. Jeff, Shoot me a PM with your address. We might just meet up and travel together. driving.gif
Marty

I don't mind posting it, it's my business address also so it's already all over the net.
That way if anyone else wants to meet up, I'm shooting for between 11:00 -1:00 leave time. The wife's going.....probably 1:00 lol-2.gif

11599 Arno Rd Galt Ca 95632, cell 916-834-6574

Jeff
jcd914
I'm heading up Thursday but I am not sure when.

Not even sure what I am driving, I am sure I'm not going up 88 sad.gif

Jim
Elliot Cannon
I thought about meeting up with you guys in the bay area but I'd really like to take some back roads if possible. I'm thinking of going up the 5 till Stockton then 88 to Tahoe. Sunday coming home on the 4 through Bear Valley, Arnold, Murphys and Angels Camp. I'll probably leave Thursday morning really early. Maybe as early as 10:00 am. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Apr 30 2014, 09:19 PM) *

I'm heading up Thursday but I am not sure when.

Not even sure what I am driving, I am sure I'm not going up 88 sad.gif

Jim

If you take your truck, it should have all the clearance you need Jim! biggrin.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 30 2014, 10:41 PM) *

I thought about meeting up with you guys in the bay area but I'd really like to take some back roads if possible. I'm thinking of going up the 5 till Stockton then 88 to Tahoe. Sunday coming home on the 4 through Bear Valley, Arnold, Murphys and Angels Camp. I'll probably leave Thursday morning really early. Maybe as early as 10:00 am. biggrin.gif

If you want to come by and travel with us, I'm only 20minutes north of stockton, and we're taking 88.

Jim, you can drive 88, just not in Robs car....you'll be fine lol-2.gif
Rob....remembered.....just got your joke earlier, we need a smiley with everything going over their head...missed that one laugh.gif

Mike Bellis
From the CalTrans website. Expect delays in Sacramento on Hwy 50

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/display.php?page=us50

EASTBOUND TRAFFIC IS SUBJECT TO LANE REDUCTIONS FROM THE JCT OF I 5 TO
THE JCT OF SR 99 /IN SACRAMENTO/ (SACRAMENTO CO) 24 HRS A DAY THRU 1700 HRS
ON 5/21/14 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - MOTORISTS SHOULD EXPECT LONG DELAYS
biosurfer1
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 1 2014, 06:17 PM) *

From the CalTrans website. Expect delays in Sacramento on Hwy 50

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/display.php?page=us50

EASTBOUND TRAFFIC IS SUBJECT TO LANE REDUCTIONS FROM THE JCT OF I 5 TO
THE JCT OF SR 99 /IN SACRAMENTO/ (SACRAMENTO CO) 24 HRS A DAY THRU 1700 HRS
ON 5/21/14 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - MOTORISTS SHOULD EXPECT LONG DELAYS

Good point. By May 15 they will have switched to the westbound lanes so it shouldn't be a problem, but if you have the choice, come up 99 to avoid it.
ConeDodger
I work in Sacramento now so I see the impact of this "Fix50" thing. Not much... confused24.gif
MartyYeoman
Hey Elliot, Are you there yet.?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ May 3 2014, 04:12 PM) *

Hey Elliot, Are you there yet.?

It's not till next month wise guy. poke.gif laugh.gif
Justinp71

I think I'm out for this one... expecting a baby on the 28th... Bummer the Tahoe one is always my favorite.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ May 6 2014, 10:12 AM) *

I think I'm out for this one... expecting a baby on the 28th... Bummer the Tahoe one is always my favorite.

Ya think? It's practically in your back yard. Come on up and keep the cell phone on full loud. You can be back home in half-an-hour! biggrin.gif

Oh and congrats on the baby Justin! aktion035.gif
JStroud
So is anyone interested in a caravan up hwy 88 on thursday, the wife has to work, she'll be driving up Friday afternoon. I'm off all week so i'll be up for leaving at anytime.

Let me know, my address and cell # are posted earlier in this thread.

driving.gif driving.gif

Jeff
green914
idea.gif Could I talk my SO into driving her self up after she gets off work? smile.gif Then I could leave... sad.gif Not going to happen.
jcd914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 1 2014, 09:03 PM) *

I work in Sacramento now so I see the impact of this "Fix50" thing. Not much... confused24.gif

So when do you work in Sac? Where at?

The "Fix50" thing has not impacted my commute but I don't have to drive thru that stretch, I just bypass it on I5.

One of the TV stations did a test (1st or 2nd day) and drove one car thru the construction zone and one car around it on one of Cal Trans suggested routes. The guy driving thru the construction beat the other guy by about 7 minutes?

Jim
jeeperjohn56
Where do we park when we get there?on the top floor of the parking lot? or is there a special roped off spot. John confused24.gif
biosurfer1
top of the parking structure sounds good. We should have it to ourselves. Some friends went up to play craps last Saturday and they were the ONLY two playing for more than 3 hours. Not a single other person came to the table. Apparently the weekends before Memorial Day are some of the slowest times up there. No snow, not quite summer = dead = good for WCR!
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(JStroud @ May 11 2014, 08:45 PM) *

So is anyone interested in a caravan up hwy 88 on thursday, the wife has to work, she'll be driving up Friday afternoon. I'm off all week so i'll be up for leaving at anytime.

Let me know, my address and cell # are posted earlier in this thread.

driving.gif driving.gif

Jeff

Jeff,
I'd like to meetup with you for driving the Hwy 88 route.
I'll drop you a call tomorrow with a time estimate.
Marty
SirAndy
So how many are going up 88 then? I'd still like to leave Oakland early afternoonish, around 1pm or so.

I can go either way, 88 or 50 ...
idea.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 13 2014, 04:22 PM) *

So how many are going up 88 then? I'd still like to leave Oakland early afternoonish, around 1pm or so.

idea.gif

Looks like Marty and myself will be going 88 from my house, I know Elliot is planning on going 88, but not sure if he plans on meeting up with us here.
Brett said he could meet us at 49 and 88 by 4:00 if we don't leave earlier.

Anyone's welcome to meet at my house and join the caravan, the lift will be open if you need to check anything.

Let me know if your coming by and what time you can be here then we can decide on a departure time that works for everyone.

Jeff
SirAndy
QUOTE(JStroud @ May 13 2014, 04:48 PM) *
Looks like Marty and myself will be going 88 from my house, I know Elliot is planning on going 88, but not sure if he plans on meeting up with us here.

Anyone's welcome to meet at my house and join the caravan, the lift will be open if you need to check anything.

Let me know if your coming by and what time you can be here then we can decide on a departure time that works for everyone.

Realistically, i could probably be at your house by 2:30 - 3:00.

Would that be too late?
idea.gif
JStroud
Just got off the phone with Marty, looks like we'll be leaving my house by 11:00am, its supposed to be 100 here tomorrow, and since my front trunk is being turned into an icechest with thursday nights dinner, I thought it would be better to leave before it got too hot.

So anyone who can be here by 11:00 is welcome to join our mini WCR caravan............the rest of you are on your own. aktion035.gif driving.gif drunk.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(JStroud @ May 13 2014, 04:48 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 13 2014, 04:22 PM) *

idea.gif

Jeff

I hope to be leaving around 7 am. I'll be going through Stockton and it is forecast to be about 100F tomorrow. I hope to be at higher, cooler elevations as soon as possible. biggrin.gif 7am might be a bit ambitious for me so there is a good chance we might hook up. If I'm lucky enough to leave at seven, that will put me in Stockton around 11:30ish. Probably later. My cell is 949 929 7260.
McMark
I'm gonna try to make it over. Lotsa packing up to do tomorrow.
JStroud
QUOTE(McMark @ May 14 2014, 06:03 PM) *

Duh....do it tonight av-943.gif
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(JStroud @ May 14 2014, 06:45 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ May 14 2014, 06:03 PM) *

Duh....do it tonight av-943.gif

What he said!! poke.gif
JStroud
Hey Elliot did you leave yet driving.gif

Tried your cell.....Paso Robles police dept answered... av-943.gif

Can I start drinking yet drunk.gif
jcd914
QUOTE(JStroud @ May 15 2014, 07:26 AM) *

Can I start drinking yet drunk.gif

You can, I did! beerchug.gif

Well really I was just doing some taste testing of a couple Home Brews I am bringing up with me.
I did not manage to brew any beer myself but a friend offered up a 5 gal keg of and ESB and a keg with about 2-3 gals of a Scotch Ale. Both are very good beers.

Jim

Extra Special Bitter (ESB)
The original session beer. Historically, this style originated around the start of the 20th century in England. This genre of ales is divided into substyles differentiated on alcoholic strength and hop bitterness: ordinary bitter; special/extra bitter and extra special bitter (ESB). ESB's are the stronger examples of this style. Most examples of this style will be copper in color with a mild caramel-malt aroma. Some examples will also have hop and fruit notes in the aroma. The flavor will typically be bitter with caramel, noticeable fruity esters and earthy or floral hops. A very drinkable ale.

Scottish Ale
Scottish Ales originated in Scotland and are generally clean and malty with perhaps a faint touch of smoke and few fruity esters. Most examples have a low hop profile due to the historical fact that hops are not grown in Scotland and expensive imported hops were, therefore, used sparingly. Some examples also have a peaty character which is typically perceived as earthy, smoky or very lightly roasted. Typically this ale is clear, deep amber or dark copper in appearance, although the stronger versions can be dark brown in color. Scottish Ales are divided into sub-styles differentiated on alcoholic strength ranging from a low of 2.5% alcohol by volume (abv) to around 10% alcohol by volume (abv).

green914
Waiting for SO to get off work, the car is packed and ready to go driving.gif . We will be hitting 50 @ Sunrise about 5:00 w00t.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.