Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transaxle Serial Number
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
My transaxle is stamped on the bottom flat edge towards the rear with this serial number "914/11HA0042262". I don't seem to be able to indentify the year. It is in a 1974 2.0, motor from '73 and those numbers check out. Any ideas on what the tranny numbers mean?
Thanks.
Bleyseng
Look at the top of the bbs page and click "914 Info"
IIRC we didnt bring over the info on tranny serial numbers from dgi.net. Anyone have it on there hard drive?

Geoff
propricer
914/11 is a tailshifter 901 5-speed with 7:31 R&P and AFNVO gearing - i.e., stock early 914 box
Replaced by 914/12 which is a side-shifter.
Thanks for the info I forgot to mention that this tranny is a side shifter with rearend cover in place so somebody converted from rear to side shift. One more question, is there any difference in gearing, etc. besides side shift on early trannys then from say '73 on? Is one better than the other besides side shift?
davep
They did not change the gearing in the 914/4 at the factory.
Yours is from a 1972 model based on the serial #.
Rich Bontempi
O is not the 5th gear,ZD is.
propricer
Bontempi is right ( of course ) ... 5th is ZD, not O ... sorry if my misread caused any heartburn.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.