Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: real 914-6 street/race type car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
bmendel
My dad and I just looked at a 1970 real 914-6 in the SF Bay Area, am passing on it as it has too many race mods, and we were looking for something pretty original, but if anyone is interested, I can give you more details and pass your info to the owner before she lists it locally or with a broker. Unfortunately, you probably need to be in the bay area, the car is being sold by the widow of the owner, and I think she wants to deal locally.

The car has a 3.2 liter dual plug Andial motor, a roll cage, and welded seams between the front fender and cowl. Rear fenders were rolled, but no flares installed, so outwardly appears stock except upon close inspection. The only rust on the car is one bubble under the sail panel. Battery relocated to trunk, so zero "Hellhole" damage. Paint is extremely nice tangerine. With a polish, it would look new.

Looks like a nice driver or track car, just not quite what we were looking for. She is looking for upper $30's, seems like a bargain if that's what you're looking for
MikeInMunich
Upper 30s?! Extemely nice tangerine? And no photos?! Yer killing' me. poke.gif

We are here to drooley.gif

beerchug.gif

smilie_flagge6.gif
budk
There is also a 3.0 one for sale on the SF CL for $29,995. No affiliation and I know nothing about it.

914-6 3.0

Click to view attachment
bmendel
Here are a couple picturesClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

I have a few more, but not with me, will try to post them later or tomorrow
gcrotvik
It might be real. It has a 6 column and ignition key. But it also has a 4 center console and a late style hand brake lever. Hard to tell from these 3 pictures.
bmendel
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ May 1 2014, 06:25 AM) *

It might be real. It has a 6 column and ignition key. But it also has a 4 center console and a late style hand brake lever. Hard to tell from these 3 pictures.

It's a real 6, vin starts with 914 not 470

Thanks for fixing the pictures, I seem to have trouble with pictures from my phone, but not when I post from home.
QUOTE(budk @ Apr 30 2014, 06:15 PM) *

There is also a 3.0 one for sale on the SF CL for $29,995. No affiliation and I know nothing about it.

914-6 3.0

Click to view attachment

Anyone check this posting out, the motor was " built " by Motormister piratenanner.gif .
What a deal. confused24.gif
niv06290
Yes, that's what I'm looking for - I'm in Palo Alto. Please send contact info via email.

Thanks!

QUOTE(bmendel @ Apr 30 2014, 09:59 AM) *

My dad and I just looked at a 1970 real 914-6 in the SF Bay Area, am passing on it as it has too many race mods, and we were looking for something pretty original, but if anyone is interested, I can give you more details and pass your info to the owner before she lists it locally or with a broker. Unfortunately, you probably need to be in the bay area, the car is being sold by the widow of the owner, and I think she wants to deal locally.

The car has a 3.2 liter dual plug Andial motor, a roll cage, and welded seams between the front fender and cowl. Rear fenders were rolled, but no flares installed, so outwardly appears stock except upon close inspection. The only rust on the car is one bubble under the sail panel. Battery relocated to trunk, so zero "Hellhole" damage. Paint is extremely nice tangerine. With a polish, it would look new.

Looks like a nice driver or track car, just not quite what we were looking for. She is looking for upper $30's, seems like a bargain if that's what you're looking for
budk
QUOTE(396 @ May 1 2014, 11:18 AM) *

914-6 3.0

Click to view attachment

Anyone check this posting out, the motor was " built " by Motormister piratenanner.gif .

Price dropped to $ 27,995
matthepcat
I wish I could justify upper 30 grand on a fun car....maybe the key is making it a daily? smile.gif
Justinp71
QUOTE(budk @ May 3 2014, 12:39 PM) *

QUOTE(396 @ May 1 2014, 11:18 AM) *

914-6 3.0

Click to view attachment

Price dropped to $ 27,995

Seems like a good deal... beware it actually appears to me that the oil pressure transmitter is not connected (photo in ad) as the oil pressure relief is around 75psi. But not connected they will go all the way up like that. Get it connected and as long as it has 10-15 psi per 1000 rpms the motor should last you. I wonder if there is any warranty left with motor meister. Comes with 2 sets of slicks too!
biosurfer1
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ May 13 2014, 06:38 PM) *

I wonder if there is any warranty left with motor meister.

I'd say no:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...car-engine.html

I wouldn't touch a car with a Motor Miester engine with a 100 ft. pole
BKLA
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ May 14 2014, 03:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Justinp71 @ May 13 2014, 06:38 PM) *

I wonder if there is any warranty left with motor meister.

I'd say no:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...car-engine.html

I wouldn't touch a car with a Motor Miester engine with a 100 ft. pole

I would.... Just as long as the owner understood that the motor only has value as a box o' parts.

The MM motor alone diminishes the value of the car. IMHO
Mike Fitton
MM = no original parts left and may not even be original matching engine. Also this is a very early car notice no fender cowl cut-outs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.