Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 GT 8" fuchs tire size?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jon H.
Does anyone know what size tires were used on a factory 914-6 GT with square 8"s
I do recall a thread a few weeks ago that had all of the wheel combos but i can't find it now (I did search). I'm also not sure if it had the tire sizes.

Thanks'

Jon
brant
Not a factory size. You can use what you want. Tires in the early 70's had the equivalent of very tall sidewalls
carr914
I don't think there were any Square Fuchs - they were all Round!
Jon H.
Sorry, they are also 15" rims. I'm sure I saw in the aforementioned thread that some of the cars had square 8". It was a scan of some factory literature with all the combos. But I could be mistaken. I usually am.....according to my wife dry.gif
Jon H.
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 30 2014, 05:05 PM) *

Not a factory size. You can use what you want. Tires in the early 70's had the equivalent of very tall sidewalls

I'm only asking because of autocross rules. If I have 'x' number of millimetres over factory tire size I have to take points.
brant
The real race gt's used a big rim on the back in the end of their racing career in the us. Look up the Meanie car. They were not Fuchs though. I don't think a fuch 8 existed at the time. I also don't think those cars had a square set up. Plus the wheel addition wasn't done by the factory. 7's and 8's I believe on the meanie car.

And slick race tires. Likely good years. So no factory size or street tire size used by factory gt's.
Jon H.
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 30 2014, 05:18 PM) *

The real race gt's used a big rim on the back in the end of their racing career in the us. Look up the Meanie car. They were not Fuchs though. I don't think a fuch 8 existed at the time. I also don't think those cars had a square set up. Plus the wheel addition wasn't done by the factory. 7's and 8's I believe on the meanie car.

And slick race tires. Likely good years. So no factory size or street tire size used by factory gt's.

Thanks, I guess I'm taking points...sigh!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.