Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repro Door Panels with basket weave, correct in fi
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
curtis
Had this posted originally over in Classifieds, but it was recommended I post it here...

My friend Hirschel Riley and myself Shawn Anderson are making from scratch brand new complete and ready to install factory correct in fit and finish black door panels with the correct basket weave material for 1972-1974 914s. Available only in black. Price per pair is 250.00 with core exchange or 300.00 without. I know the price may or may not sound steep, but believe me these things are labor intensive, and they are gorgeous when finished! If you are concerned about second opinions you are more than welcome to call Kravig engineering in Riverside, CA and ask for Glenn Sager and he will tell you what he thinks. He has the first set produced besides the prototypes. If you have any additional questions please call Hirschel at (951) 634-6214.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Pics also viewable on a separate site - just click here .
736conver
Nice looking panels. Its nice to see someone using the correct basketweave and not trying to pass off that fake perforated style as original. What are you doing for the clips on the top if someone doesnt have a core.
curtis
QUOTE (736conver @ Jan 14 2005, 08:38 AM)
Nice looking panels. Its nice to see someone using the correct basketweave and not trying to pass off that fake perforated style as original. What are you doing for the clips on the top if someone doesnt have a core.

if someone does not have a core we use what ever door panels we have lying around and salvage and clean and restore the hardware from that core panel and unfortunetly we have to charge more in this case. IPB Image
boxstr
IPB Image Looks like factory.
CCLINPANELANDPAINT
Martin Baker
How much for a set of GT Type Panels? I have a great set of 73-74 in black for donors. It was noted here that the door handle is in the wrong location, maybe that is true, but the car in this picture is a real six, built with one of the last GT kits, sold complete by Jurgen Barth to the owner of this car about 20 years ago.
Qarl
Yes, I would like GT door panels too.

Important to consider....

You should include the leather strap and the necessary hardware to mount and connect to the internal latch mechanism.

The older fiat door handles can be bought new around $10 per pair (iirc).

Also nice, would little screw recepticals to mount into the door frame, and the correct countersunk phillips-head screws and bezels.

And finally, if you can figure out a way to make a little rectangular grommet for the strap to pass through it would be 'da bomb!

Maybe you can offer basket weaver version and a plain vinyl version.
curtis
QUOTE (Martin Baker @ Feb 1 2005, 10:37 AM)
How much for a set of GT Type Panels? I have a great set of 73-74 in black for donors.

Hey guys thanks for the interest in our door panels,let me get together with my partner in crime and see if the cost to make the GT door panels is going to be cheaper ,the same or more expensive than the normal versions. Of course we will pay the strickest of the attention to details like rectangialar receptecale around the hole for the leather pull strap and the fiat grab handle,speaking of witch isnt the one in the photo that Martin has posted mounted lower than most or is it my imagination? wacko.gif Seems to me that I remember them being mounted higher on the original GT cars. A buddy of mine owns the original sonuto GT that won its class and sixth overall at Lemans in 1970,so I know that car pretty well.
Martin Baker
http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/gt_door_panels

This link makes it mindless work, only kicker is the little bezel that the pull strap passes thru...here is a correct (most common location) for the handle. I called today, said it would be close to the same prices as normal, and whether you have core panels or not....
rhodyguy
are there 2 pulls just because that's the way the factory did it? a single grab would good too and clean up the interior nicely.

k
North Bay 914
The leather strap opens the door, the handle is used to pull it closed.
rhodyguy
ok. the leather strap accutates the door latch, correct? even just the handle and the stock latch pull would do it for me. i saw a 6 last weekend with something similar to just the fiat(?) handle.

k
RoadGlue
I took these photos tonight, and perhaps they can help with the duplication of the factory GT panels. These are factory originals:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Cheers.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.