Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenporacer
I've seen what happens to us new guys. So I hope this works!
kenporacer
1st pic was trip home many moons ago. This is an auto cross and the next is almost its current configuration next to a friends bug.
kenporacer
current color is aubergine(purple) &sunburst yellow
skline
You guys got a thing for Purple? Looks like an LE in the picture. I wonder what they would have called that? Bowlsby? You are the LE expert, what would you call it?
Mueller
looks good....congrats on figuring out how to post a picture...most newbies screw up and have to ask for help IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

what is painted on your buddies car?are those buildings??
Gint
Now there's a guy that can take a hint! Welcome to the club. Nice teener.

QUOTE (skline Posted on Jan 13 2005 @ 11:33 PM)
You guys got a thing for Purple? Looks like an LE in the picture. I wonder what they would have called that? Bowlsby? You are the LE expert, what would you call it?

Blister-cycle?
kenporacer
Thanks guys old pics if ever take new ones I'll put them up. The Orlando skyline is on the side of the bug. I tell him its p##sy pink. The purple is from a 1974 911 color chart. I love what fantastic colors they used back then. Plus I figure it kind of fits the age.
Gustl
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 14 2005, 07:33 AM)
Looks like an LE in the picture.

Regarding the VIN in kenporacer's profile it's no LE - if picture and VIN of the same car IPB Image

IPB Image Gustl
Jaiden
Is it just me or is this the car that was just listed on Ebay?
Bleyseng
Close but no. Note the lack of the front spoiler an LE option. The yellow is different too.

Geoff
kenporacer
I'm not easily impressed but I have to say you guys are the first to pick up on the paint scheme. Not an LE just painted to look that way and NEVER has the car been on e-bay I've actually had it for about 12 years and got it from a friend in Ft. Lauderdale. Top notch guys I'm impressed of all the knowledge here and am glad I joined this forum. Refreshing to see people that actually know 914s. Thank you.
Lou W
Welcome IPB Image
jr91472
IPB Image

whats under the hood? all stock?
kenporacer
under the front hood is an oil cooler ,fuel pump ,gas tank etc.. sorry just kidding.
strong 2.0 w/h 40mm Delortos, roller rockers, mild cam, deep sump, mahle pistons w/h total seal rings, kerry hunter exhaust w/h stupid trap. Goes ok I guess.
jd74914
under the front hood is an oil cooler ,fuel pump ,gas tank etc.. sorry just kidding. strong 2.0 w/h 40mm Delortos, roller rockers, mild cam, deep sump, mahle pistons w/h total seal rings, kerry hunter exhaust w/h stupid trap. Goes ok I guess.

I'll take it if its not fast enough for you IPB Image

Seriously though, it looks like a nice car. IPB Image
aylanco
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 13 2005, 10:33 PM)

Aubergine is a GREAT color. I had a '72 911T in that color--never shoulda sold it.

How about calling it "The Eggplant"?
rick 918-S
IPB Image Aubergine IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.