Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 cylinders - worthless?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r3dplanet
On the topic of bad sales from the Classifieds here, a year I ago I purchased a set of what I was promised were old school Mahle 94mm cylinders that could be bored to 96mm for a 1911 project. This week I finally went to get them cleaned up and machined only to find that they're just lousy used 90mm cylinders from a stock 1.7 engine.

$200 down the tubes. And the absolute last time I'll buy from this well-known seller who has sent me questionable parts in the past.

Are these things actually good for anything other than boring up one size for a bone stock 1.7 liter rebuild? Or just fancy cup holders? Or perhaps flower pots?

-marcus
worn
QUOTE(r3dplanet @ May 1 2014, 11:40 AM) *

On the topic of bad sales from the Classifieds here, a year I ago I purchased a set of what I was promised were old school Mahle 94mm cylinders that could be bored to 96mm for a 1911 project. This week I finally went to get them cleaned up and machined only to find that they're just lousy used 90mm cylinders from a stock 1.7 engine.

$200 down the tubes. And the absolute last time I'll buy from this well-known seller who has sent me questionable parts in the past.

Are these things actually good for anything other than boring up one size for a bone stock 1.7 liter rebuild? Or just fancy cup holders? Or perhaps flower pots?

-marcus

Let me know. I have some. popcorn[1].gif
NORD

I have a set for you, 2.0L. AA 94mm.
McMark
1.7 cylinder aren't worth anything.
r3dplanet
Thanks, Mark. I just wanted to verify. I think they'll look great on my deck with some violets growing out of them.

-marcus
r_towle
Flip one over, set it on the floor of the passenger side....makes a great cup holder.
cgnj
Hi,

Well too much drama. You got screwed. You needed to open the box when you received it. I have parts that I bought or traded for 10 or 12 years ago. I open them all because peeps can make mistakes, especially if they are parting multiple cars.

I have traded parts across the country on an email with members of this group, I have given parts away. I have no regrets. There are peeps that I would buy from in a heartbeat, but I would still open the box, because people can make mistakes. You need to give them a chance to square it away, and waiting a year too open the box, I doubt that many have the parts on a shelf to make you whole after a year.

the market changes. 20 years ago, the choices to go overbore were Nickeys or 93/94mm cylinders overbored to 96. You can buy this part for $200 CYLINDERS

I have a few sets of 93/94 mm OEM cylinders. I'll sent you a set for shipping if you reveal a name.
bdstone914
I don't think revealing a name is right.
Chances of that seller seeing this post and giving his side are slim.
Contact him directly.
To me time makes no difference. I would and have refunded money if I sold a part that was not right.
At least let him know you did not get what you should have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.