Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edit: found one WTB: Shoulder bolt for trunk hinge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
AlBreakit
Got it. Thanks. beerchug.gif
bdstone914
I have several good used ones. You want to see if you can get out the broken part of the bolt. If not you may need to replace the parts of the hinge that it threads into.

Bruce
AlBreakit
Great. Thanks for the reply. Ive got the half hinge with the broken threaded part of the bolt soaking in pb blaster. Going to go at it with an easy out tomorrow. Fingers crossed. These bolts don't seem easy to find. confused24.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(AlBreakit @ May 1 2014, 07:04 PM) *

Great. Thanks for the reply. Ive got the half hinge with the broken threaded part of the bolt soaking in pb blaster. Going to go at it with an easy out tomorrow. Fingers crossed. These bolts don't seem easy to find. confused24.gif

After soaking hit it with a torch..

It is a special should bolt buy I save them from cars I have parted out.
bdstone914
QUOTE(AlBreakit @ May 1 2014, 07:04 PM) *

After soaking hit it with a torch..

It is a special should bolt buy I save them from cars I have parted out.
AlBreakit
Well I'm glad I followed your advice and made an attempt to get the bolt out of the hinge first. I somehow managed to break the easy out off in the bolt. blink.gif I thought I had it too as it was moving. Tried drilling the easy out...out, but that's not happening. confused24.gif So I guess now I'm looking for a drivers side hinge half as well as a shoulder bolt. Thanks in advance. I just got my new clutch cable in and was looking forward to driving it for the first time since I bought the car, if you don't count on and off the trailer, when this happened. I'm seriously considering taking off the other hinge and strapping (taping) the hood down just so I can putt around the neighborhood this weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.