Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine build is underway
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I got a call today from the machine shop and they needed the pistons back along with the other engine parts I've collected. When I arrived, i learned that the crank was balanced and the rods were on. I plan on making another visit tomorrow and I'll get some photos.
r_towle
cool...

almost there...

Is all the tin painted, fan painted etc?

Rich
stugray
they needed the pistons back along with the other engine parts I've collected. When I arrived, i learned that the crank was balanced and the rods were on

Ummm.... so they didnt say that they needed the pistons, rings, and wrist pins before balancing the rotating assembly?
And the flywheel, clutch, & fan?
PanelBilly
QUOTE(stugray @ May 2 2014, 09:55 AM) *

they needed the pistons back along with the other engine parts I've collected. When I arrived, i learned that the crank was balanced and the rods were on

Ummm.... so they didnt say that they needed the pistons, rings, and wrist pins before balancing the rotating assembly?
And the flywheel, clutch, & fan?

Yes, they have those already. I just had the pistons
PanelBilly
Borrowed my daughter's camera so i could get some better photos of the car. I'll be coating the front spoiler in LineX, but I'm waiting to get the engine in and cut the holes for the exhaust. Then I'll have both parts done at the same time.

Click to view attachment

r_towle
looking very sharp.

Keep painting man...

You know, some nice custom lug bolt covers, painted blue, would look really nice on those wheels....just saying.
Something about 4-6 inches in diameter to cover that whole area.
greenie

The car looks awesome Billy!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.