Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pump Wire Routing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Russ K
Could anyone describe (or post a pic) how the fuel pump power wires get underneith the engine shelf on a 73 1.7L?
Does it go through the 1/2" hole on the engine tin?
Previously mine went through a rusted void in the inner fender engine shelf... but i've since had that replaced with new metal. Theres no hole on the new metal but i thought maybe it was made to be put in a later year car (with fuel pump up front) and i'd have to cut one myself for the 73.

Thanks.
RUSS
SirAndy
QUOTE(Russ K @ May 29 2003, 04:32 PM)
Could anyone describe (or post a pic) how the fuel pump power wires get underneith the engine shelf on a 73 1.7L?
Does it go through the 1/2" hole on the engine tin?
Previously mine went through a rusted void in the inner fender engine shelf... but i've since had that replaced with new metal. Theres no hole on the new metal but i thought maybe it was made to be put in a later year car (with fuel pump up front) and i'd have to cut one myself for the 73.

Thanks.
RUSS

the harness splits and the wires go through the hole right where the arrow points to ...

Andy
Brad Roberts
Who took that pic ?? clap56.gif

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 29 2003, 04:53 PM)
Who took that pic ?? clap56.gif

haha, thanks a lot ...
Gint
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif HAHA! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Russ K
Cool, thanks ..thats kinda what i thought. My new metal doesnt have a hole there. Any chance i could get a diameter measurement?

But now i'm curious.. what goes thru the ~3/4" hole in the engine tin?
(..sorry i dont have a digital camera... the hole in the center of the stamped "X", just right of the fan casing.)
..ive just about got eveything together and i'm running out of pieces.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Russ K @ May 29 2003, 06:43 PM)
But now i'm curious.. what goes thru the ~3/4" hole in the engine tin?

your accel-cable ...
Russ K
OOOOOoohhh.. yeah!
THANKS.
(hopefully i woulda figured that out in a week or so)
..cant wait to get that thing together again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.