Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's in your 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Inspired by mobymutt's discovery of an 8-track of the Greatest Hits of Merle Haggard, I thought it might be fun to see what other strange or fascinating things were left in your 914 by a previous owner.

I'll start it off with two items found in the car I bought last year. One was a receipt from Walmart for a cassette tape of Neil Diamond's Hot August Nights.

The other, found under the passenger seat, was this bag of curious and very dried herbs along with a pack of papers. Click to view attachment
Larmo63
Even though my car sat and sat for years in a wrecking yard, it still had a huge pile of receipts and paperwork surviving in the car. The original manuals in poor condition, the plastic maroon covers, etc. The other night I decided to really go through them and read what had been done to this car as far as engine work because the car runs so strong. Looking through, the original papers, I found that the car had been bought and serviced in Virginia, and he traded in a '70 Mustang Mach I for it. They gave him a hefty $1250 for the Ford at that time! The car proceeded to Pensacola, Texas, Yuma, Acapulco, Hawaii, and ended up in Palmdale, Ca. I found a lot of loose change under the seats, but no rare coins like I used to find in old '50s bugs and Porsches.
ripper911
I want that back! smoke.gif
mobymutt
I actually found another dozen or so 8-tracks in the trunk, so now I have a whole library!
GeorgeRud
Not mine, but a true story!

A good friend was an autocross nut, and had his car all set up for weekly runs. Unfortunately, on a Sunday morning, he discovered a problem and decided to take the 914 he had gotten his daughter to the event. He cleaned out the interior at the site, and started on his first run. Upon braking for the first corner, a half dozen tampons (unused at least) came rolling out from under the seat and rolled around the pedals during the rest of his first run. Needless to say, it wasn't his fastest time of the day!
Dave_Darling
I found a necklace with an odd rectangular pendant on it under the fuel tank...

--DD
bdstone914
I got a car with the front trunk filled with canned food and new kitchen utensils and silverware. The engine and trans were in the passenger compartment.
Maltese Falcon
A 9146 purchase that had a stubborn trunk finally opened and had a completely bagged new rubber seal (oe) kit in there. biggrin.gif
The white '74. 2.0 now under construction ,only had a pair of pliers (from a Toyota toolkit) under the seat.
The black '74 2.0 (c.i. club car) was suprisingly equipped with mis-matched brakes: R/rear 914-6 and L/rear 914-4.
On the 75 mile drive home after purchasing it, the right rear brake locked up about 1 block from the shop !
jim_hoyland
The PO left me a nifty stubby screwdriver; unfortunately it was in the fan housing. After 3 months of hearing it rattle, we found it. Still have the stubby
ben*james
Boxsterfan......no need to reply here. Nothing to see, just move on. smile.gif
DMCF1Fast
All I got was old french fries....
dudzy's914
When I went to look at mine (be for I bought it), I went to open the glove box, and to my surprise a Gardner snake came about an inch from my face. That was the quickest I have gotten out of a car. first.gif yikes.gif
Lots of spare change, receipts, more snakes, lots if mice nests, a bunch of patches and stickers, typical P.O. stuff.
pdlightning
The original Coco mats and a lot of mouse droppings!
bembry
McMark found some dead petrified rats in mine!
boxsterfan
QUOTE(ben*james @ May 3 2014, 08:56 PM) *

confused24.gif

Dave_Darling
Sounds like you might want to look carefully through any 914s you've bought from him.... wink.gif

--DD
Madswede
This was in my heater duct. O'Brien discovered it upon disassembly for restoration / rebuild. My '73 was a California car all its life. sunglasses.gif

Click to view attachment
I nearly forgot. In addition to the receipt for the Neil Diamond tape, the bag of dried vegetation, and rolling papers, my car also came with a page from an old Sears catalog. It was torn from the ladies night-gown section of the catalog and it was neatly folded and tucked into the owner's manual. The P.O. apparently liked to party...in his own sort of way.
ClayPerrine
I found a parking ticket for downtown San Antonio from 1975. Had the original owner's name on it.

Mike D.
I found a letter under the gas tank from one army buddy to another. The writer was talking about how his marriage was falling apart and how miserable he was among other things. The original owner was the addressee on letter. I guess he was in a happier place with his new Porsche
ben*james
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ May 4 2014, 08:26 PM) *

QUOTE(ben*james @ May 3 2014, 08:56 PM) *

confused24.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=221889&hl=

Dude....I'm just sayin. I've switched deodorants, put my dogs down, and really started scrubbing in the shower. Point made aktion035.gif shades.gif

If you happen to find a smoking GUN in the glovebox, please don't announce it on the world,

Seriously though, I hope you are enjoying that fine piece of work and honestly up until my current the best 914 I've owned. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.