Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holy Crapola!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mike_the_man
This morning it was -36C, or -55C with the wind chill! What the hell! It's been like this all week, and is supposed to stay this cold till Monday. I think I've seen more cars being towed than actually driving this week.
SLITS
Hey, look at the bright side, you don't need a refigerator to keep the imbidements cool! IPB Image
tdgray
Definition : Cold as F&*% - when your weekly forecast does not contain a day without a (-) sign.

Holy F*&^ing Crap IPB Image
Root_Werks
IPB Image And I was going to whine it dipped down into the teens a few times this last week! IPB Image
mike_the_man
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 14 2005, 09:17 AM)
Hey, look at the bright side, you don't need a refigerator to keep the imbidements cool! IPB Image

Actually, beer freezes in about 15 minutes when it's this cold outside. We tried on New Years, fridge was full. Hmmm, beer slushies! IPB Image Stupid winter. It makes summer seem that much sweeter, though, I guess. IPB Image
davep
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 14 2005, 09:17 AM)
Hey, look at the bright side, you don't need a refigerator to keep the imbidements cool!

You may need an oven to keep it liquid.

We had a good snowfall before Christmas followed by rain and warm temperatures that washed away the snow by newyears.
Then we had another good snowfall followed by rain and warm temperatures, snow went again. That was yesterday (about 16ºC, and you didn't want a coat.) until evening when the temperatures plummetted and more snow fell. Today it is a freezer again.
I don't mind the cold so much, but I wish it could make up its mind. Too much of a yoyo.
rick 918-S
So cold here today they called off school for the kids. I hate this shit! Our heat bill is out raaaageeeeuoooos! $750.00 top that!
Mueller
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 14 2005, 11:00 AM)
So cold here today they called off school for the kids. I hate this shit! Our heat bill is out raaaageeeeuoooos! $750.00 top that!

damn....we complain when our PG&E bill is more than $100....(normally it's about $60)
Howard
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 14 2005, 10:00 AM)

Remind me Rick why you live in Duluth. I did 2 years in Minneapolis, but now I can't seem to remember why IPB Image

Move to CA. That way, if you don't like your location, you can just wait til the next EQ or landslide changes your zip code. BTW 65f here today, but wind chill could take it to 64. IPB Image
vortrex
when I was in college in MI it was -70F wind chill one day. the schools were closed but I did not know it. so I drove in and walked to class. that actually hurt it was so cold.
JmuRiz
Ah yes, the kind of cold when you can spit and hear it freeze in mid-air and hear it shatter on the sidewalk. No thankyou! We are finally starting winter here after the most mild december I can remember. Ah well.
Root_Werks
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 14 2005, 10:00 AM)

Not going to top that one! IPB Image Just got my 2 month bill from Elect and gas, combined they were $110. Not bad for two of the colder months of winter around here. IPB Image
lapuwali
You guys laugh at us when we whine about how cold it is (at 50dF), or when the SoCal guys start talking about garage heaters to ward off the 45dF "chill". Well, from here in the warm lands, we're laughing back. Don't like the cold? Don't live there! IPB Image

just kidding....

I moved out of the Midwest to escape winter. I don't miss it. I don't even like what passes for winter here. If I could move between Australia or New Zealand and the US every six months, I would.
rick 918-S
I'd move out of here in a minute if I could afford it. I live in a cool 100 year old + Victorian Home. I couldn't afford to buy here if I didn't purchase this barn 18 years ago. Property values skyrocketed just after we bought. The house is cool but I'm pretty much heating the nieghborhood. IPB Image oh well...
mike_the_man
I can't really afford to move right now either. I've got a decent job, and real estate prices are about the cheapest for any major North American city (although some may argue that Regina isn't a very major city) In any case, I paid $60,000 for a 950 square ft house. My payments are about $360 a month. Plus, insurrance costs are the cheapest in Canada. I pay about $900 a year for my 94 S4, and 90 a year for the 914.

So, I guess I should really stop bitching about the cold. All in all, I've got it pretty good. If only we had some roads with corners somewhere around here. And it wasn't -50 for weeks.
Mark Henry
It’s all relative…I hate the blistering heat “almost” as much as the cold.

We’ve thought about moving, with my wife’s job we could move almost anywhere in NA. But we were born here, our friends and family is here, plus we have a nice place in the country.

Winter is just something we have to live with…at least till we retire. then we’ll probably become snowbirds and winter down south.
scottb
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 14 2005, 01:00 PM)

best combo bill i had last year was about $800 gas and electric.....

static air temp today was a high of +49F... what a difference a year makes....

'the weather today is brought to you by the word 'burrrrr' now back to our regularly scheduled program'............
gaz914
QUOTE (mike_the_man @ Jan 14 2005, 09:02 AM)
This morning it was -36C, or -55C with the wind chill! What the hell! It's been like this all week, and is supposed to stay this cold till Monday. I think I've seen more cars being towed than actually driving this week.

Couldn't handle that sort of cold, although the family is complaining about the heat lately. Heres Today's forecast:

Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Issued at 4:30am on Saturday the 15th of January 2005

For Saturday
Dry, Partly cloudy day. Warm and humid on the coast, Hot inland.
Moderate southeast winds, tending moderate to fresh northeast in the
afternoon.

Precis Max

Sydney: Dry. Partly cloudy. 28
Liverpool: Dry. Partly cloudy. 34
Penrith: Dry. Partly cloudy. 37 (this is where I live)
Richmond: Dry. Partly cloudy. 37

Temps are in Celcius ( 37 C is about 98 F )

Its been much the same all week.

GAZ
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.