Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Transmission and Now No $$$
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
DMCF1Fast
Hello, My name is David. I've been a member here for a while but don't post as much as I should. I do love this board and have gotten a ton of info from it. I have bought parts and items from members numerous times and I've never had a problem. But now its seems I've been taken to the cleaners by a seller on this board and wanted to let people know so it doesn't happen to them. The seller goes by SpecialInt and his first name is Courtney. I purchased a prior member's (Welby's, (RIP) transmission from SpecialInt on Feb 8th and he received my $625.00 on Feb 19th. I was very excited to be getting a box that had been redone in one of Dr. Evils transmissions clinics and Courtney had forwarded me the emails from Dr. Evil where they confirmed the box had been rebuilt in the clinic. That was however the end of my excitment. After waiting through the snowstorms of the northeast I finally received my long awaited new transmission on March 4th. I opened the packaging and got a hugh letdown. I received the worst looking 901 box I have ever seen plus the shift console was crushed. It was caked in 40 years of oil and grease. The bolts looked to never have been cracked (actually really couldn't see the bolts through the grime). I immediately contacted Courtney and he said he shipped me the wrong one and his brother had received mine? He said he would fix it. He said his brother would ship me mine. It never happened. Then he said the his brother had shipped it back to him and he would ship it back to me. That didn't happen. He said it shipped but then sent a tracking # with no associated package info. Then he said it was lost by UPS. Now its April. I ask for a refund and it's sure np but he tells me he's out numerous shipping expenses. I say fine just give me $550.00 instead of $625.00. Is it my fault he shipped my box to his brother? He asked if I wanted the crappy core he sent me. I said no and would gladly ship it back if he pays. He says keep it but I don't want another core I already have 3. I wanted the box I bought (Welbys, Dr. Evil Clinic rebuilt box). Now he says he sent my refund on 4/11 but of course I didn't get anything from him and he no longer responds to my PMs. Looks like I'm out my $625.00. I wanted to let everyone know to be very careful dealing with this guy. I should have known better than to deal with someone that only deals in MOs or Personal Checks. Live and learn, but it was an expensive lesson for me. I asked my wife for more money to buy a different box. I got a really nice look from her.
Qarl
Yep, he's been banned on Pelican as well.

Sounds like a lowlife and a scammer.

File a police report in his town.

Sorry you got taken.

Karl
Sorry to hear about your dealing with this looser. Maybe you can look up folks that supported him when the name was being questioned for assistance. But then, maybe they finally figure that he is a low life and don't even want to be associated with Special int!
bulitt
Over on the Bird-

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...specialint.html

icon_bump.gif
Big Len
David - I posted a warning in February on this guy in the classified section. In spite of this, a few members came to his defense and after a week or so, admin. took the thread down.

I said it will happen again and unfortunately, it has happened to you. As bulitt stated, he is banned on Pelican. I was ripped off as well. I think the evidence is clear enough to condemn this clown from this site.

Here's another - http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...t-can-i-do.html

Perhaps there are local World members in the Balitmore area to pay a visit to Courtney to "set him straight" and get your money back.
76-914
If it walks like a duck, quack's like a duck...........................
DMCF1Fast
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 4 2014, 03:45 AM) *

If it walks like a duck, quack's like a duck...........................

Yes, I should have been more skeptical when he only takes MOs and personal checks. I have had great luck in the past buying cars and parts online so I let my guard down. Thing is the guy is so polite and apologetic, he was always promising to fix the situation and thanking me for my patience. Just stringing me along.
SLITS
Is it time for a visit from the "World Enforcement Group"?

This seems to be happening more on all sites.
Cairo94507
I hate people who take advantage of our members. This POS "SpecialInt" needs to be banned from our site for ever. Additionally, I hope a police report is filed and he is charged with fraud by the local DA where he lives. May he also receive some street justice too - please.
r_towle
What state does he live in?
I thought if enough police reports are files, the police eventually pay a person like this a visit?
Qarl
2 people (both with somewhat low post counts) said he was a stand-up guy in the thread about back pad lights.

Puffinator
rmdinmd

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=233923

Might want to question them about their experience with the guy, his whereabouts and more info of his location.

Here is the 4-1-1 on this dickwad...

From posts on this forum and Pelican, his name is Courtney Hegler

Zabasearch.com
website (Publicly available info) shows the following address/phone/age...

http://www.zabasearch.com/people/courtney+...le+md/871642830

(I think a better address is in the next section below)

Courtney K Hegler
15315 Diamond Cove Ter #4
Rockville, MD 20850

Phone: (301) 963-1518

Cannot confirm (from zabasearch) that this is current and valid.

Montgomery County Clerk of Courts

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inqui...sDisclaimer.jis

Just enter his last, first name...

Most recent case shows a confirmed address as of 09/27/2013

15728 BRADFORD RD
SILVER SPRING MD 20906-1046

A google search shows he has SCAMMED other sites

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Courtney...93&ie=UTF-8

Address referenced in one of the links (matches court case above)

15728 Bradford Road, Silver Spring, Maryland 20906

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=159491

White pages search...

http://www.whitepages.com/name/Courtney-Hegler/Maryland

Intellius shows he works/worked at Sport Automotive in Silver Spring

http://www.intelius.com/people/Courtney-Hegler/0ct7bnrth55

http://www.sportautomotive.com/

Other address/phone records

http://radaris.com/p/Courtney/Hegler/

Courtney Hegler 15728 Bradford, Silver Spring, MD 20906 (301) 924-0707

Courtney K Hegler 15315 Diamond Cove Ter, Rockville, MD 20850 (301) 963-1518

Courtney Hegler, Courtney K Hegler 10613 Weymouth St, Bethesda, MD 20814 (301) 897-8055

Courtney K Hegler 18420 Nh Ave, Ashton, MD 20861 (410) 924-7016, (301) 924-7016, (301) 774-2097

Courtney K Hegler 18420 Nh, Ashton, MD 20861 (301) 774-2097, (301) 924-7016, (410) 924-7016

Courtney K Hegler, Courtney B Hegler 18420 New Hampshire Ave, Ashton, MD 20861 (410) 924-7017, (301) 916-6388, (301) 924-7017, (301) 774-5779, (301) 924-7016

Courtney Hegler 15315 diamond cove ter apt 4, Rockville, MD 20850 (301) 963-****

From his wife's publicly available Facebook page...

(I assume this is the dickwad)

IPB Image
Qarl
Let the above serve as a reminder on HOW MUCH info is available about you on the internet, publicly.

DMCF1Fast
QUOTE(Qarl @ May 4 2014, 04:58 AM) *

Let the above serve as a reminder on HOW MUCH info is available about you on the internet, publicly.

Wow, that's a lot of info, he has quite a history taking advantage of people. I used a USPS MO. I'm going to file a complaint with them first. Of course it was made out to his wife., probably another one of his tactics.
Qarl
Added some more info...

Montgomery County Clerk of Courts... search by his name and find out more info on this scumbag.
r_towle
QUOTE(DMCF1Fast @ May 4 2014, 09:05 AM) *

Wow, that's a lot of info, he has quite a history taking advantage of people. I used a USPS MO. I'm going to file a complaint with them first. Of course it was made out to his wife., probably another one of his tactics.

No offense meant here...

But REALLY???

Postal money orders are the first sign you will get screwed and have no course of action.
Made out to anyone but the seller is sign number two.

Sign number three is that for 650 bucks, you won't get a rebuilt transmission...at least not one that had anything done to it aside from looking at it.

Classic example of getting such a great deal on something....yet not

At least with a personal check you have proof of payment.
You can use a personal check in court...
A money order is cash with no receipt.....
puffinator
I went to his house in MD and cut off a few body pieces off a 914 he had. He has quite a stash of 914 parts at his house and I believe he was at Hershey selling stuff. I bought a few things from him and he let me have the body parts for free. I thought he was a pretty stand up guy. He treated me fairly.

I am sorry others have not been so lucky sad.gif
DMCF1Fast
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 4 2014, 05:32 AM) *

QUOTE(DMCF1Fast @ May 4 2014, 09:05 AM) *

No offense meant here...

But REALLY???

Postal money orders are the first sign you will get screwed and have no course of action.
Made out to anyone but the seller is sign number two.

Sign number three is that for 650 bucks, you won't get a rebuilt transmission...at least not one that had anything done to it aside from looking at it.

Classic example of getting such a great deal on something....yet not

At least with a personal check you have proof of payment.
You can use a personal check in court...
A money order is cash with no receipt.....

Yup, I made a few mistakes, I assumed he was trust worthy partly because he had sold other items on the World. I accept that there's a 99.9% chance I lost my money but just wanted others to know about this guy. I saw he was still selling items on here a few weeks back.
Qarl
QUOTE(puffinator @ May 4 2014, 09:39 AM) *

I went to his house in MD and cut off a few body pieces off a 914 he had. He has quite a stash of 914 parts at his house and I believe he was at Hershey selling stuff. I bought a few things from him and he let me have the body parts for free. I thought he was a pretty stand up guy. He treated me fairly.

Thanks puff. Luckily you did a face to face.

TJB/914
QUOTE(Qarl @ May 4 2014, 09:25 AM) *

Added some more info...

Montgomery County Clerk of Courts... search by his name and find out more info on this scumbag.

Back in February 2014 I was lucky to get an AC console from Courtney Hegler but went through many steps to complete the process. He still owes me a part that was left out. I reported recently on another victim's postings my dealing with Courtney and his many complexities. What a disappointment to the human race, he will end up in jail ruining his life forever.
I sent my money to his wife at,
Katherine Hegler
21110 Georgia Ave
Brookville, MD 20833

rmdinmd
Like puffinator I also went to his house and got a door from him. He seemed to be ok to me But now it is looking like I was wrong. sad.gif

The address at 21110 Georgia ave Brookville, Md is the one he gave me to meet him so I would assume that is his address.
rhodyguy
the assertion that a seller asking for a postal money order is "the first sign you will get screwed and have no course of action" is absurd.

a 'top tip'…postal money orders come with a detachable portion THAT THE PURCHASER IS SUPPOSED TO FILL OUT AND THAT PORTION IS TO BE KEPT FOR THEIR RECORDS. i would presume that the beef could be made against the mo recipient. possible interstate mail fraud? conspiracy to commit i.m.f? contact your local postmaster. the USPS employs people that do investigations. track down the person the the check was made out to. let them know you're about to unleash a shit storm on them and to expect a knock on the door.

that the part seller asked that the mo to be made out to a 3rd party is a definite walk away.
messix
just a thought....

would it be possible to do a "bucket brigade" to get the "good" tranny from Md to Texas?

do we have enough guys that it would be something like a 100 mile run for each leg?

and by the way a 901 fits in the front trunk just fine so it could be a fun teener run!
mepstein
QUOTE(messix @ May 4 2014, 04:06 PM) *

just a thought....

would it be possible to do a "bucket brigade" to get the "good" tranny from Md to Texas?

do we have enough guys that it would be something like a 100 mile run for each leg?

and by the way a 901 fits in the front trunk just fine so it could be a fun teener run!

That would be assuming there really is a tranny and the "seller" is willing to give it up. But I'm in if I can help. I will be heading down to NC later in the summer. I could pick up the trans before then if it is truly available.
Qarl
We dont know if it still is in Maryland. Poster said seller claims to have shipped it to his brother.
r_towle
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 4 2014, 03:54 PM) *

the assertion that a seller asking for a postal money order is "the first sign you will get screwed and have no course of action" is absurd.

Dont spread this false information.
For anything small, like $650 dollars, there is no chance that any investigation will happen.

It is a very risk way to pass money, just as risky as mailing cash, or western union.
There is no audit trail...

If you have personal experience using this supposed system, please share the details.

Until I hear anything new, a postal money order is just like cash, with no chance to chase anyone down, and no investigation will happen.

Its just about as useful as the postal service tracking system....which is useless.

rich
Krieger
QUOTE(puffinator @ May 4 2014, 06:39 AM) *

I wonder if that was his car? Maybe his neighbors...scuzball
scotty b
I've seen several of these threads on different forums, and have kept quiet as I have no dog in this hunt BUT what I have seen is this.

Courtney has a great rep with the local guys that can drive to his house and pick up the parts. He seems to be a nice honest guy with a lot of parts, BUT he has a horrible rep from the people out of the area that depend on him to ship the product. Take this as you will, but it seems to me he may be a good guy, that doesn't have the time, organizational skills etc. he needs to deal with the shipping of items. This doesn't excuse the fact he fails at that end of it, but I just can't sit here and see someone called a scumbag and dirtball by those who only see one side of his selling practices, when there are others that have zero problems with him confused24.gif
bdstone914
I tend to agree with Scotty. My only contact with him was that I got some free 911 eccentric bolts for free if I paid $5 shipping by check. I got them and asked for his address which I never got a reply. Looks like he does does not have his act together to sell parts.
No need for name calling or labeling. Just state the facts.
mepstein
QUOTE(scotty b @ May 4 2014, 08:40 PM) *

I've seen several of these threads on different forums, and have kept quiet as I have no dog in this hunt BUT what I have seen is this.

Courtney has a great rep with the local guys that can drive to his house and pick up the parts. He seems to be a nice honest guy with a lot of parts, BUT he has a horrible rep from the people out of the area that depend on him to ship the product. Take this as you will, but it seems to me he may be a good guy, that doesn't have the time, organizational skills etc. he needs to deal with the shipping of items. This doesn't excuse the fact he fails at that end of it, but I just can't sit here and see someone called a scumbag and dirtball by those who only see one side of his selling practices, when there are others that have zero problems with him confused24.gif

Then he needs to man up and refund the money to people he promised to ship parts to. It doesn't sound like the people who are getting scammed have given up trying to get their parts or their money. Look at the posts from other car and rc sites. He's a serial scammer. It's all on Courtney and so far he's failed.
Qarl
I disagree. He is a dishonest person, as shown here, on Pelican, and several other non-car forums.

He has sold items to people (non-local) multiple times to the tune of several thousands of dollars. With no follow-thru and refunds.

That is the definition of a scumbag and dickwad, IMHO. Ask the people he has scammed out of hundreds of dollars (multiple times), if they think he's probably a nice guy.

If you can't execute a sale on a item that requires shipping, then don't offer it for sale, period.

Or the words, "Local Pickup Only" are VERY easy to type in an for sale ad.
Big Len
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 4 2014, 08:56 PM) *

I tend to agree with Scotty. My only contact with him was that I got some free 911 eccentric bolts for free if I paid $5 shipping by check. I got them and asked for his address which I never got a reply. Looks like he does does not have his act together to sell parts.
No need for name calling or labeling. Just state the facts.

And also to Scotty - You don't have a dog in the race?....So honesty isn't something you care about? If he's a part time scumbag, that's ok?

He has ripped off people a number of times across a multitude of forums. To say that he is an honest guy who is "disorganized" or "does not have his act together" is patently absurd.
Cairo94507
Where there is smoke there is usually fire. Here we have a dickwad who has apparently fraudulently duped many of our people. For me the verdict is in - guilty as charged. Sentence? Run out of town for good on a rail after a serious ass beating.
puffinator
In my opinion,this guy, Courtney, is not the names being thrown around on this site. He has a pretty good reputation in the DC/MD/VA area and recently organized a joint Hershey Swap Meet group of spaces for DC/MD/VA Porsche folks. Check out the Dorkiphus.net website and his name is “slowisfast” and look at the kudos he received for setting up the Hershey activity.

As I and others have said, he has treated us locals fairly. I picked up a transmission at Courtney’s place for Mike (DrEvil) and hauled it down to DrEvil’s clinic at Scott’s place in Feb although I don’t know who that one was for. I have a feeling Courtney will make good on any deal he has made and think he may be just a bit overwhelmed. Give him a bit more time. He has a bunch of stuff and a bunch of cars at his place – kind of an eclectic mix.
scotty b
QUOTE(puffinator @ May 5 2014, 04:32 AM) *

In my opinion,this guy, Courtney, is not the names being thrown around on this site. He has a pretty good reputation in the DC/MD/VA area and recently organized a joint Hershey Swap Meet group of spaces for DC/MD/VA Porsche folks. Check out the Dorkiphus.net website and his name is “slowisfast” and look at the kudos he received for setting up the Hershey activity.

As I and others have said, he has treated us locals fairly. I picked up a transmission at Courtney’s place for Mike (DrEvil) and hauled it down to DrEvil’s clinic at Scott’s place in Feb although I don’t know who that one was for. I have a feeling Courtney will make good on any deal he has made and think he may be just a bit overwhelmed. Give him a bit more time. He has a bunch of stuff and a bunch of cars at his place – kind of an eclectic mix.

Prepare to be called names now Rob rolleyes.gif
Again, I have no skin in this, but based on some of the comments, it's ok to receive payment and string the purchaser along and it's ok... Please remind me never to buy anything from you. "Social Responsibility " just went out the door!
puffinator
Scott is right, I should stay out of these pissing contests. But I’ll see if I can’t contact Courtney and assist in straightening this mess out.
Moneypit
Are you guys 100% certain the identified dude above is really the one you're after? You guys realize identity theft is pretty easy, it wouldn't take much for someone with basic skills to get your email login, search through and find those passwords you stupidly saved in a .doc, and have access to all your personal info. Then they can just create email and forum accounts with your info, register P.O. boxes or whatever and have you mail stuff to bum addresses, and steal your $$$ or parts. I'm just saying before you go to a guy's house with torches and pitchforks, or better yet lawyers, be certain you have the right target.

Or the guy could legitimately be a dirtbag who uses his own names and addresses to scam people.

*** I've seen the kinds of stupid things people save in their Yahoo mail while I was investigating security incidents. For the love of Mike, don't save passwords and personal info in your damn webmail!!!!! ***
Dr Evil
I am at work so have not had time to read through all the posts yet, but to the OP: Contact me. I would be glad to help you be whole for little or no money. The main thing I am interested in is your car on the road with a good transmission that I built. That was what you were expecting, lets make it happen.
Dr Evil
Hey Mustache, for $650 it is absolutely possible to have your box more than looked at. My clinic is $300 and parts often land you around this price depending on what needs to be replaced.

As for my limited experience with this seller (just facts), he contacted me about Welby's transmission to verify that it was infect rebuilt at one of my clinics and so he could verify it and sell it correctly. I had him check a few things and verified it was what he was told it was. Then I asked if he had any cores and he offered me one for $75 for my time in helping with Welby's transmission ID. After he heard that Teener Tim had his stash or parts stolen including the transmission that was due to be done at my last VA clinic, he gave me the transmission so that I may give it to Tim, which I did. Puffinator was kind enough to pick it up while he was there getting other stuff.

Draw what you will from the above. It is what it is. I am will be trying to contact him in the near future when I have a day to drive there and get some cores from him if I can scoop up his stash for a good price as I am in dire need of cores. I would shy away from deals that require shipping given the history posted above, but I also will not call names based on the same.
r_towle
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 5 2014, 11:29 AM) *

Hey Mustache, for $650 it is absolutely possible to have your box more than looked at. My clinic is $300 and parts often land you around this price depending on what needs to be replaced.

Mike,

I know you are using the name Mustache with all the love you can.

I am just stating that with one bearing front or rear costing $240 or more...
A first gear sleeve alone costing $450 bucks....

A $650 transmission is not rebuilt.
It may have been checked, but the parts alone to rebuild a transmission, with new bearings and gaskets would far exceed the $650 dollar amount he is selling it for.

Let alone $300 bucks for the clinic.
So he had at best $350 bucks in new parts.
Then the core is free and he makes no money on the part at all.

So, the seller was not selling a rebuilt transmission.

The math just does not add up to me...

And the point was not to point at you, it was to point out that this is a classic example of getting something for such a GREAT price, he may have wanted to look a bit deeper...

Don,t take it personal or get defensive...its just the math that should make anyone question a deal like that....that was the point, dont twist it into something its not.

Its a shame these things happen and I hope people would look at super deals like a 650 dollar rebuilt transmission the same way they would look at a $1500 dollar rebuilt engine...it may be real...but its probably not.

Not sure how it was represented, and maybe it was represented as being inspected, verified by you (as an expert) that the parts are all in working order.

For me, the term rebuilt means rebuilt.

Rich
Dr Evil
Rebuilt means something different to you. If you want all parts changed that do not need them, you go right ahead. I believe I speak with some authority, and have been involved from the beginning with this particular transmission, before the original owner died. You are wrong. Your assertion is wrong. At best, it is a difference in opinion of what is needed to be done to a transmission and what constitutes rebuilt. That is a discussion for another post as the box was not touted as having all new parts. My methods and practices are transparent, well known, and the box was not misrepresented in level of finish nor price.

A blanket statement of, " you won't get a rebuilt transmission...at least not one that had anything done to it aside from looking at it." is fucking retarded.
Spoke
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 5 2014, 10:29 AM) *

I am at work so have not had time to read through all the posts yet, but to the OP: Contact me. I would be glad to help you be whole for little or no money. The main thing I am interested in is your car on the road with a good transmission that I built. That was what you were expecting, lets make it happen.

This is what you expect from a stand-up guy.

You're the man, Doc. beerchug.gif

This Courtney dude is a scumbag. Period

To say he's ok because he treated those who showed up at his house or put some event together but screwed those on the web is bullshit. bs.gif

You are either reputable or not. There's no in between.

Along these lines, I never deal with anyone with low post counts.

Once I bought a complete 5-lug suspension off Ebay for $450. I told the guy I will send no money but will show up at his house with cash. I got to his house, loaded the goods into the trunk and handed him 9 $50s.
smarens
-I have absolutely no skin in this one at all but have some thoughts

-there is an implied contractual obligation for this transaction and most likely some type of written correspondence to concur, the problem may be what was really "owed" to the buyer, if there was not exact details supplied "rebuilt" can mean anything

-I love the idea of 100 mile relay to get him a trans and get him back on the road, way cool count me in if it is within a couple of hours of coming past my way
Qarl
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 5 2014, 11:49 AM) *

A $650 transmission is not rebuilt...

...The math just does not add up to me...

A rebuilt Type 4 motor and a rebuilt 911 motor do not have all new parts.

Parts are replaced on an "as needed" basis in an Evil rebuild.

Parts that can be re-used usually are. Good used parts from another donor tranny can be substitute without the expense of buying new and to save expense.

r_towle
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 5 2014, 12:11 PM) *

Rebuilt means something different to you. If you want all parts changed that do not need them, you go right ahead. I believe I speak with some authority, and have been involved from the beginning with this particular transmission, before the original owner died. You are wrong. Your assertion is wrong. At best, it is a difference in opinion of what is needed to be done to a transmission and what constitutes rebuilt. That is a discussion for another post as the box was not touted as having all new parts. My methods and practices are transparent, well known, and the box was not misrepresented in level of finish nor price.

A blanket statement of, " you won't get a rebuilt transmission...at least not one that had anything done to it aside from looking at it." is fucking retarded.

Again,

Point was that when something sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

And for those of us that matter, its Hegna.

rich
rmital
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 5 2014, 01:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 5 2014, 12:11 PM) *

Again,

Point was that when something sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

And for those of us that matter, its Hegna.

rich

Who would have thought MA has their own word for retard (Hegna)!
DMCF1Fast
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 5 2014, 06:29 AM) *

Thanks Dr Evil I will PM you. Also thank you to the rest of the members that took an interest in my dilemma. Another member has also graciously offered to help me out. I truly feel lucky to be part of such a great community!

Sincerely,
David
worn
QUOTE(scotty b @ May 5 2014, 05:24 AM) *

QUOTE(puffinator @ May 5 2014, 04:32 AM) *

Prepare to be called names now Rob rolleyes.gif

Actually, i lost money to someone just like Scotty describes. Otherwise ok, but not up to holding their end when it counted. Why i only buy, not sell...

You could see that isno excuse,except it is exactly that. An excuse. That is a lot of money and cover tactics.
dw914six
QUOTE(DMCF1Fast @ May 5 2014, 02:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 5 2014, 06:29 AM) *

Thanks Dr Evil I will PM you. Also thank you to the rest of the members that took an interest in my dilemma. Another member has also graciously offered to help me out. I truly feel lucky to be part of such a great community!

Sincerely,
David

agree.gif although as we all see, even this group of friends can get sideways on emotional discussions. This discussion is really now a debate regarding what constitutes a rebuilt 901 (or any motor or part for that matter) and what behavior earns the title of scumbag (and a few others I have forgotten).

My guess; the $650 is painful but not the elephant in the room.

Being professionally ignored after an agreement pisses off anyone. mad.gif Not getting the product is simply put, theft.

To enter into an agreement to deliver a 901 for a fee, receive the payment and then refuse to send the product is impossible to overlook in any way but purposively dishonest behavior. Is the guy a scumbag? I don't know him....but....(and the only debate to me) his business transactions which require out of area shipping create a final solution which is dishonest and probably illegal. So regardless of his intentions....(intentions are a small part of a person, actions and results make the man)......he delivers a really terrible experience...if....everything that has been reported is true.

And Doc, when you finally do your Texas clinic, let me know. I have other 914s and another 914-6 whose 901s I would like to check out and freshen up where needed. I also have a core and a complete 901 I could bring for you if you need cores.

Sorry this happens to folks. People can be really bad sometimes....but most are awesome to know and deal with.
DBCooper
There's confusion about the term 'rebuilt'. Think 'reconditioned' as lightest touch, then 'rebuilt', including 'bench rebuilds', which is what the good Doc does, then 'remanufactured', which is what you get in the white box at NAPA, and the highest level of repair. Lots of people use those terms interchangeably, even people who know better, but the meanings are different degrees of the same concept.

Anyone who knows the guy able to get him a message, find out what's going on? I think in the past we've seen discussions similar to this one turn dramatically when we found out the seller had a sudden illness, and once when a seller had a sudden divorce. Better to find out the whole story before we gather with torches and pitchforks. Or rename stromberg.gif .

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.