Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bilstein v. Koni
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ehokana
I really hope this doesn't turn into a "what kind of oil" type of thread. I am ordering suspension parts for my resto and was curious what people preferred between Koni's and Bilstein's on 914's.

My 951 had Koni's all around and I really liked how the car felt with them but there seems to be quite a preference for the Bilstein stuff in the 914 crowd. Right now, I'm leaning toward Bilstein HD's but would like opinions for either. Is there any advantage in choosing one over the other in a car that is just a weekend toy? I don't plan on tracking the car at all or going for all-out performance.
r_towle
Bilstiens are very stiff and there is no adjustment.
Koni adjustables allow you to go from a sport ride to a soft street ride.

Doing it again, I would go for konis de to the adjustability.

Rich
speed metal army
Koni adjustables are sweet..
Luke M
I had Koni yellow adjustable sport shocks on several cars that I've owned.
I loved the ride quality, adjustable (soft/stiff) and never had a problem with them.
I have a new set ready to go on my 6 when it's done.
aircooledtechguy
I'm a huge fan of the Koni Yellow adjustable shocks. I typically have mine on the soft setting. If I am about to do some aggressive driving, a simple turn at each corner and the entire attitude of the car changes.

It's too bad that adding Konis doesn't make my car accelerate out of the corners quicker. . . dry.gif
wndsnd
Bilsteins all around and the ride is extremely stiff.

When it is time for replacements I am shifting to adjustable Koni's.

John
ehokana
I'm surprised that everyone seems to be saying Konis. Apart from the adjustability, what differences would there be- are bilsteins as stiff as the konis in the sport setting?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.