Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deutsche Marque Concours May 4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47
Some entrants in the local PCA region club concours.
First, this couple drove from Minnesota on vacation and the concours was one planned stop on their trip.
Click to view attachment
Their car:
Click to view attachment
Ted's '73
Click to view attachment
Charlie's '76:
Click to view attachment
928 GTS manual:
Click to view attachment
924S LeMans:
Click to view attachment
'72
Click to view attachment
and a bunch of 356's, Boxsters, Caymans, 911's, other riff-raff....
PanelBilly
Looks like they made Charlie park away form everyone else
type47
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 4 2014, 02:25 PM) *

Looks like they made Charlie park away form everyone else

He was a late arrival and drove a super beater just to shock the CW's biggrin.gif so he was at the end of the row ...
scotty b
was that you that stuffed the empty Gatorade bottle into my camera bag while I was talking to someone Jim ? dry.gif
type47
QUOTE(scotty b @ May 4 2014, 04:24 PM) *

was that you that stuffed the empty Gatorade bottle into my camera bag while I was talking to someone Jim ? dry.gif

No, sounds like Dave Miller. Sorry I missed you ...
scotty b
QUOTE(type47 @ May 5 2014, 03:31 AM) *

Nah. I saw Miller pulling out as I was coming in....wait..... that didn't sound right did it unsure.gif
type47
QUOTE(scotty b @ May 5 2014, 05:26 AM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ May 5 2014, 03:31 AM) *

Nah. I saw Miller pulling out as I was coming in....wait..... that didn't sound right did it unsure.gif

I left around 12 if that helps my alibi ...
Dr Evil
I need to make this next year. Looks like it was fun. Scotty, remind me....unless you dont want to hang out sad2.gif
JmuRiz
I keep thinking I'll make it next year...been about 6 years in a row of saying that. Unfortunately I don't see any more time in the future.

Last time I went I drove the 914, and that was before I got married in 2007
type47
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ May 5 2014, 11:05 AM) *

I keep thinking I'll make it next year...

Huge 356 showing at this event. Say, you have a 356 listed in your signature, what's up with that?

You could save face and attend the gathering of the faithful in Reston on Labor Day weekend. That might give you enough time to put some gas in your car.
scotty b
QUOTE(type47 @ May 5 2014, 02:32 PM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ May 5 2014, 11:05 AM) *

I keep thinking I'll make it next year...

Huge 356 showing at this event. Say, you have a 356 listed in your signature, what's up with that?

You could save face and attend the gathering of the faithful in Reston on Labor Day weekend. That might give you enough time to put some gas in your car.

I was talking to Miller about the gathering today. I may try and make it up for that one as well. smile.gif

Nathan poke.gif Dan's car took 1st in class, 1 overall and scored 259 out of 260 points. You should have seen it. I didn't very get many pics as I was busy jawing with friends and customers. Barely got to see any cars, and apparently missed out on a couple really nice ones that left early sad.gif

JmuRiz
Scott and Jim, I did see lots of the 356 POG crew in the background of car pics. Great work on Dan's car Scotty..it's was amazing seeing it in-progress. I'm saving my pennies for a Bali blue repaint smile.gif
I hope to have my cars even close to as nice as those pictured. I hope to have my basement project done in July...hence the wish to make it next year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.