Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: just curious about new members?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
With the huge upswell of prices lately on anything Porsche is 914world seeing a bunch of new members? I seem to be seeing posts from members with just a few posts.

Thanks,
Buck
Dr Evil
Not sure why, but lots of new people I dont recognize lately. welcome.png
ripper911
agree.gif

We're gonna have to start charging more to get in.
rmdinmd
like triple the price? av-943.gif
bulitt
Looks like 15,752 registered members according to the bottom of the page. I think I recall the number around 13,500 two years ago???
BeatNavy
QUOTE(bulitt @ May 5 2014, 02:21 PM) *

Looks like 15,752 registered members according to the bottom of the page. I think I recall the number around 13,500 two years ago???

I'm (fairly) new here. Me and the other newbies are just trying make sure 914World maintains its status as "the fastest growing online 914 community!"
SirAndy
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ May 5 2014, 11:43 AM) *
Me and the other newbies are just trying make sure 914World maintains its status as "the fastest growing online 914 community!"

Maybe i need to change that line to "The slowly expanding around the waistline 914 community!" ...
lol-2.gif
rd914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 5 2014, 11:52 AM) *

Me and the other newbies are just trying make sure 914World maintains its status as "the fastest growing online 914 community!"

Maybe i need to change that line to "The slowly expanding around the waistline 914 community!" ...
lol-2.gif

Joined in April 2005 but still listed as a "newbie". I guess I don't post enough but very grateful for all the knowledge gained from everyone. I still lurk on a regular basis.
Andyrew
Beginning of summer. People pick up projects and start working on them smile.gif
boxsterfan
They started making new 914's at the factory? blink.gif smoke.gif
Larmo63
New blood helps to lift the hobby and spread the 914 gospel. Plus, new members allow all you (old fart*) experts have someone to laugh at while we familiarize ourselves with these machines.

(*By the way, I'm 57)
Clemson
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 5 2014, 06:33 PM) *

New blood helps to lift the hobby and spread the 914 gospel. Plus, new members allow all you (old fart*) experts have someone to laugh at while we familiarize ourselves with these machines.

(*By the way, I'm 57)

From a 58 yo 'newbie'
New blood helps to lift the hobby and spread the 914 gospel. - YES and that's great!

Plus, new members allow all you (old fart*) experts have someone to laugh at while we familiarize ourselves with these machines. - Not exactly, give the Old Farts a new audience to appreciate their wisdom and priceless insights. smile.gif
poorsche914
In just the past month I have talked to several people locally who are either looking to buy a 914 or have recently bought a 914. Interest in these cars definitely is on the upswing. I always direct them to this site.

Only thing is... for every new 914 owner is there an equal number of "former" 914 owners? confused24.gif

driving.gif
PanelBilly
They just want to hang out with all the cool people (is it still cool to say cool?)
ben*james
Great question OP. Is there a correlation between 914 world membership and values of our 'precious'? Small sample, but I'd suggest yes. I like the way you think!

r_towle
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 5 2014, 02:52 PM) *

lol-2.gif

av-943.gif beer3.gif slits.gif
LINGO
I joined this website last fall and I cannot begin to express how much I appreciate all the knowledge I have attained from reading old and new forums. My "project" is making progress thanks to this website. In fact I'm not sure I could have done much of it without the help of the 914 veterans sharing their knowledge. I just wish I could post pics using my iPad!!!
drbill
QUOTE(buck toenges @ May 5 2014, 06:25 AM) *

With the huge upswell of prices lately on anything Porsche is 914world seeing a bunch of new members? I seem to be seeing posts from members with just a few posts.

Thanks,
Buck

Ya'll are a great bunch. I've been a British car guy for years, but really like anything with a motor. These 914's aren't too difficult to sort out (so far!) and this forum is a huge help. Most of what I've done is undoing some questionable PO stuff and taking care of deferred maintenance. Of course I get "shipwright's" disease and start taking things apart and one thing leads to another. Thanks, guys! beerchug.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 5 2014, 03:33 PM) *

(*By the way, I'm 57)

Are all of us old farts here just old Fahrts ?
Or are all of these new guys trying to tell us that '74 is the new '14 ?
I do see many new faces around here type.gif
Marty
r_towle
QUOTE(LINGO @ May 6 2014, 09:46 PM) *

I joined this website last fall and I cannot begin to express how much I appreciate all the knowledge I have attained from reading old and new forums. My "project" is making progress thanks to this website. In fact I'm not sure I could have done much of it without the help of the 914 veterans sharing their knowledge. I just wish I could post pics using my iPad!!!

Use "add reply" instead of "fast reply" and then scroll down.
There is a place to add an attachment.

The picture must be on the iPad, then you search for it.
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 6 2014, 09:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 5 2014, 03:33 PM) *

(*By the way, I'm 57)

Are all of us old farts here just old Fahrts ?
Or are all of these new guys trying to tell us that '74 is the new '14 ?
I do see many new faces around here type.gif
Marty

some of us arent just Old Fahrts....we're

Click to view attachment S
r_towle
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 5 2014, 08:59 PM) *

They just want to hang out with all the cool people (is it still cool to say cool?)

hip is the new cool.
TJB/914
Welcome all new members.

Us senior members learn from you young ones every day. A few weeks ago my 9-year old granddaughter saw a red Porsche sport car take off from the light and said "when I grow up I want to SNAGG one of them".

SNAGG one is the new term. popcorn[1].gif She will have to fight the other grandkids to get my 914. cheer.gif

Tom
Moneypit
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ May 5 2014, 01:43 PM) *

QUOTE(bulitt @ May 5 2014, 02:21 PM) *

I'm (fairly) new here. Me and the other newbies are just trying make sure 914World maintains its status as "the fastest growing online 914 community!"

I'm also fairly sure your account name is unacceptable. Not sure how it got past the filters. Beat Navy? Not in this decade first.gif
jaxdream
welcome.png

I welcome the fact that 914s are making a resurrgence , more will eventually be back on the road , after jackstand duty , more Vins listed , more comradary, also for them to buy from 914 vendors's needed products etc. Just palin more 914!!! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Jack
beam944
I am surely grateful that I found this site ... and hope my build doesn't offend the purist. I have gained a lot of knowledge and parts being on here for this short amount of time and can't wait to share my build!
Question is....will this be enough for my build?
IPB Image
Moneypit
QUOTE(beam944 @ May 7 2014, 03:32 PM) *

I am surely grateful that I found this site ... and hope my build doesn't offend the purist. I have gained a lot of knowledge and parts being on here for this short amount of time and can't wait to share my build!
IPB Image

If Rotary, maybe.

If jet turbine, maybe.
beam944
QUOTE(Moneypit @ May 7 2014, 04:38 PM) *

QUOTE(beam944 @ May 7 2014, 03:32 PM) *

IPB Image

If Rotary, maybe.

If jet turbine, maybe.

Flat plane crank 2.6" stroke SBC smile.gif
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Moneypit @ May 7 2014, 11:37 AM) *

I'm also fairly sure your account name is unacceptable. Not sure how it got past the filters. Beat Navy? Not in this decade first.gif

Amen, brother. It's gotten so bad for us Army guys we're reduced to things like this sad.gif

One day, maybe in my lifetime, my account name will be accurate, but only when the Army team stops sheeplove.gif
JRust

lol-2.gif

Hey dry.gif I resemble that remark blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(JRust @ May 7 2014, 01:43 PM) *
lol-2.gif

Hey dry.gif I resemble that remark blink.gif

You were a skinny dude when i first met you at the SSI swapmeet in Novato ...
shades.gif
Moneypit
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ May 7 2014, 03:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Moneypit @ May 7 2014, 11:37 AM) *

Amen, brother. It's gotten so bad for us Army guys we're reduced to things like this sad.gif

One day, maybe in my lifetime, my account name will be accurate, but only when the Army team stops sheeplove.gif

The other year my dad said he almost felt kinda bad for you guys. Almost!

(He's a '73 USNA grad, played "lightweight" football, check the 914 photo thread of him and his '72 1.7 he bought senior year!)

Oh, and welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.