Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Racing Video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sgomes
All I could think was, "Sweet Molly McGriddle!!!!" IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Now THIS is racing!
TimT
gotta love a sequential gearbox and straight cut gears!!

that was a nice start... he must have gridded in the back due to some qualifying issues
Lou W
That was great, what was that last car that he passed? IPB Image
seanery
man, that ran my dog out of the basement and upstairs, even then he was still barking when his revs got high IPB Image
Scott Carlberg
Are the straight-cut gears what's causing ALL that HI, SHREIKING noise?
HOLY (sorry) crap!

That was a bit hard to listen to, can't imagine how LOUD that must be inside the car.

He sure made it look easy.
Lou W
seanery Posted on Jan 14 2005, 01:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
man, that ran my dog out of the basement and upstairs, even then he was still barking when his revs got high  
Thats funny, one of my co-workers three offices down came running in, he thought there was something wrong with my hard drive IPB Image
jd74914
Great video IPB Image , nut I have the same question.what causes the shrieking
scruz914
He make it look easy!
Randal
Fast well sorted car, wonderful lines, a perfect example of moving ahead by outbraking ones competition - and of course huevos del acero.
airsix
Holy Guacamoly. That's gotta be like adrenaline by the quart.

-Ben M.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Scott Carlberg @ Jan 14 2005, 02:58 PM)
Are the straight-cut gears what's causing ALL that HI, SHREIKING noise?
HOLY (sorry) crap!

That was a bit hard to listen to, can't imagine how LOUD that must be inside the car.

He sure made it look easy.

painful to listen too...
scared my golden retrievers down stairs!
eeyore
QUOTE (Lou W @ Jan 14 2005, 01:55 PM)
That was great, what was that last car that he passed? IPB Image

TVR?

Hard to listen to with headphones.
morgan
The car he passed was a Mantis

JM IPB Image IPB Image
Lou W
morgan Posted on Jan 14 2005, 02:47 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The car he passed was a Mantis

JM    
Oh, Thanks. IPB Image
GTeener
QUOTE (scruz914 @ Jan 14 2005, 02:03 PM)
He make it look easy!

IPB Image IPB Image
URY914
I need to convert to a air shifter and stick it up next to the s-wheel. That's cool!!
scotty914
my question is how many times would he be flagged for some of those inside passes/ atempts
SirAndy
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Jan 14 2005, 05:39 PM)
my question is how many times would he be flagged for some of those inside passes/ atempts

depends on who you run with.
our very own rich b. was notorious for passing other cars in the dirt, especially when there's a running start and they put you at the end of the pack.

one thing about racing:
if you're fast and you win a lot, *THEY* will find a reason to penalize you and stuff you at the end of the pack!

there's nothing *fair* about this sport ...
IPB Image Andy
bernbomb914
That could be MS the way he caught the other cars

Bernie
Jeroen
That's Dutch Super Car Challenge... It's an open series. Build what ever you want, any way you want
At the start of the season, they put your car on a dyno and then you're classed according to your power to weight ratio
Don't even consider running there unless you can afford to write off your car completely. Lots of damage and accidents

The track is the Assen TT track (famous for it's annual motorbike races) in the north of the Netherlands

Those Marcos Mantis cars are build here as well. Full tubeframe cars with a big V8
URY914
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jan 14 2005, 06:18 PM)
That's Dutch Super Car Challenge... It's an open series. Build what ever you want, any way you want
At the start of the season, they put your car on a dyno and then you're classed according to your power to weight ratio
Don't even consider running there unless you can afford to write off your car completely. Lots of damage and accidents

The track is the Assen TT track (famous for it's annual motorbike races) in the north of the Netherlands

Those Marcos Mantis cars are build here as well. Full tubeframe cars with a big V8

IPB Image Well let's see, my car, one of Jakes 3.6's....

Jeroen, I'll put my car in my carryon bag and be right over. IPB Image
J P Stein
Godamn sound shattered my trifocals in the first 15 seconds......what happens after that?
J P Stein
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jan 14 2005, 06:18 PM)
.. It's an open series. Build what ever you want, any way you want

In the USofA, we call that Runwhatchabrung.....I love it.
sgomes
Good Lord! When I posted the link to the video I was at work where I don't have sound IPB Image

I didn't know what the hell you guys were talking about until I played it at home. What is wrong with that thing? IPB Image
Bruce Allert
I had the sound almost off and my wife said she couldn't take it no more... like finger nails down a blackboard IPB Image

Definetly a great video IPB Image

What was the car? I know a good hearingaid salesman and that guys gonna need one! IPB Image

....b
Stutgart46
Thanks for the link.
That was a ball to watch.
Keep'em comin. IPB Image
jd74914
What was the car? I know a good hearingaid salesman and that guys gonna need one! screwy.gif

BMW 320 STW. I want one now.
Jeroen
never mind the BMW... I want a tranny like that!
whiiiiiiiiiiiiii -tack- whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii - tack - whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
IPB Image
campbellcj
The car and tranny are sweet...but that g'damn straight gear noise would drive me insane IPB Image

I wonder if it sounds that intense to the driver w/ helmet on, or if the mic on the video rig made it worse than it really is?

On the same note...I wonder if the 997 will ever be available with a SMG gearbox?
sgomes
I don't get it Jeroen. MY 901 shifts like that. Doesn't yours? IPB Image
Jeroen
QUOTE (sgomes @ Jan 15 2005, 06:39 PM)
I don't get it Jeroen. MY 901 shifts like that. Doesn't yours? IPB Image

dunno IPB Image
It's been so long, I can't seem to remember IPB Image
rhodyguy
2 hours 43 minutes to download. better be good and have atleast one naked woman.

kevin
sgomes
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 15 2005, 09:22 AM)
2 hours 43 minutes to download.

kevin

Sounds like you might have a bad seal on your accustic coupler.. IPB Image
rhodyguy
IPB Image . dial up, i refuse to give comcast $100 + a month. everything takes forever. then sometimes the connection just drops. when i want to look at the members cars i save the stuff up. click on a page and go do something else. one thing i've learned is, when all the replies show up as red x'es i hit refresh and more often the pictures show up... but, it takes forever for them so show IPB Image .

kevin
Bleyseng
Its worth it Kevin....
the video reminds me of riding along with Jeroen in the turbo924GT or his 911- the Dutch are crazy drivers!

Geoff IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.