Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side marker base
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914socal
I need a new side marker base. I found this on ebay. Is $50.00 to much to pay? Does it matter if it's driver or passenger side or does it fit the same on both?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-side-m...=p2054897.l5666

Thx
green914
Ouch! sad.gif That looks a little high. What is the problem with the one you have?
914socal
QUOTE(green914 @ May 6 2014, 08:54 PM) *

Ouch! sad.gif That looks a little high. What is the problem with the one you have?

The plastic prongs that snap into fender have broken off.
wes
Keep your eye open I just bought on here left and right complete. Base screws and lens as a pair, can't remember what I paid but I'm sure it wasn't that bad.
saigon71
QUOTE(914socal @ May 6 2014, 11:59 PM) *

If it's not a concourse car, you can pick up a few nylon bolts & nuts at Lowes for a couple bucks. I used them on my car...worked well.
rhodyguy
being sold by AA. be prepared for potential problems. there were some in the classifieds this am.
914socal
QUOTE(saigon71 @ May 6 2014, 09:16 PM) *

QUOTE(914socal @ May 6 2014, 11:59 PM) *

If it's not a concourse car, you can pick up a few nylon bolts & nuts at Lowes for a couple bucks. I used them on my car...worked well.

Not a bad idea. It's a driver so I just don't want the side marker dangling in the wind
bandjoey
You know those little plastic body plugs that are used in door panels? You can get them with just a flat head. I drilled out the broken off pin and they snap right in and through the fender for a tight fit. Bought mine at the FLAPS. 2 years and still working.

I've also seen those white screw in wall anchors from Lowes pushed into the body, and a screw and washer inside the body of the light to secure it to the fender.

Mikey914
Plastic pop rivets work nice, just hard to get off.
Joe Ricard
I might have one. Yours for shipping, let me find it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.