Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangerine Shift Bushing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
OU8AVW
I'm converting to a side shift and I have the Tangerine firewall bushing to install. My tunnel rod but it's too fat to go through the new bushing. Am I missing something?

Click to view attachment
cary
I would guess the shaft inside the tunnel is different on a tail shifter.
But that's over my pay grade ..........
GeorgeRud
I don't recognize the rod you're showing in your picture, but you have to replace all the shifting parts from the shift knob all the way back to the transmission to convert to a side shifter. If you're using the original shift rod, it won't work.
bdstone914
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ May 7 2014, 06:11 AM) *

I don't recognize the rod you're showing in your picture, but you have to replace all the shifting parts from the shift knob all the way back to the transmission to convert to a side shifter. If you're using the original shift rod, it won't work.

agree.gif

Have you also changed the engine cross bar, brackets that attach the bar to the engine and to the body and motor mounts?
All need to be changed to use a side shift trans. I should have all of those parts if you need them.
Bruce
OU8AVW
I have the cross bar, i may need the motor mounts, thanks Bruce. This was sold to me as a "sideshift" part and it came with a trans i purchased a while ago. Everything else in that purchase turned out to be post-2-1117899824.gif..... Might be the wrong tunnel rod me thinks..... blink.gif
I'll compare it to my tailshift parts tonight and report back. Racer Chris was quick on an email reply and pointed this out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.