Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Canepa Design Cars & Coffee in Scotts Valley
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlkawashima
Canepa Design Cars & Coffee is this Saturday, May 10th, from 8am to 12pm

For those who don't know, it's in Scotts Valley, a stones throw from San Jose and Santa Cruz. Canepa Design has some of the most amazing vehicles you'll ever see, and it's a privilege just to be able to walk through their immaculate work area.

I'll be there and I hope to see some other 914s in attendance. It's fun, casual, and a whole lot smaller than the Blackhawk or San Jose cars & coffees.

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
Been there, loved that! evilgrin.gif
Moneypit
Someone in CA please go hump their 917 for me. If it's not there, make sweet love to the 959's hiding in the back there. sparetimetoys.gif
biosurfer1
Great place and friendly guys.

I did notice none of the cars had prices though...I bet that's because they are so cheap they don't want to start a riot!
morgan_harwell
Are cameras allowed?
I live close by, but have never been to the shops before.
wes
I used my camera!
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 7 2014, 11:35 AM) *

Didn't we go there during the WCR few years ago? Great place.
dlkawashima
QUOTE(morgan_harwell @ May 7 2014, 02:11 PM) *

Are cameras allowed?
I live close by, but have never been to the shops before.

If you live close by you should definitely come out on Saturday. And yes, you can take pictures of all the cars. The one thing they ask you to keep in mind is the privacy of the individual owners. Some of the cars have paperwork that identifies who owns the car, and Canepa respectfully requests that you blur out the owner's name, if visible on the image.

Click to view attachment
2mAn
went there maybe 10 years ago when I first found out they were making 959s street legal. It was mind blowing.
biosurfer1
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 7 2014, 03:41 PM) *

We did, but I don't remember you there. They did mention some strange guy in a Fiat X19 wandering around the previous week mumbling something about "where was everyone"

biggrin.gif
dlkawashima

You're right Elliot, we all invaded Canepa for WCR 2012 ...

Bumping this to the top again. If you don't have any other plans for Saturday morning, come on out for Cars & Coffee. Those of you going to Tahoe for WCR 2014, here's your chance to have a shakedown run. Canepa is worth the visit!

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
I'll be leaving the Starbucks at Crow Canyon & 680 around 6:30am if any tri valley guys want to tag along.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ May 9 2014, 10:41 AM) *

You're right Elliot, we all invaded Canepa for WCR 2012 ...

Bumping this to the top again. If you don't have any other plans for Saturday morning, come on out for Cars & Coffee. Those of you going to Tahoe for WCR 2014, here's your chance to have a shakedown run. Canepa is worth the visit!

Click to view attachment

Wow! Look at that flared car with rusty deck lids backing in on the right side of that photo! blink.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 9 2014, 01:10 PM) *

Wow! Look at that flared car with rusty deck lids backing in on the right side of that photo! blink.gif

At least there's no trash can... poke.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 9 2014, 12:20 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 9 2014, 01:10 PM) *

At least there's no trash can... poke.gif

Oh Snap! sad.gif
dlkawashima
It's going to be a beautiful morning ... a perfect excuse for a morning run. We'll be at Canepa at about 8:30am. Hope to see some of you there!
Mike Bellis
Broke down on the way there. Still having axle issues. Stuck in Pleasanton waiting for a tow truck. sad.gif

EDIT
Axle flange walked out of the transmission. These newer Boxster trannies do not have a bolt to hold the flange to the tranny. It just clips in. dry.gif

A floor jack, 2x4 and deab blow fixed it once I got home.

Might be time for the Sasquatch 4 build thread... idea.gif
dlkawashima
Sorry to hear about your troubles Mike. I was wondering what had happened ... I told my wife something must have broken on your car.

Here are some shots from today's event.

Porsches hogged the primo spots in the parking lot. In fact, it seemed like half the cars there were Porsches.
Click to view attachment

One of my favorite 914s is this factory 914-6, owned by one of my favorite 914 guys, Sandy (Seaside6)
Click to view attachment

914-6 conversion ... unfortunately did not meet the owner
Click to view attachment

This is a pretty famous and popular 914 around these parts: Tom's (carreraguy) turbo suby powered 914 in gulf livery
Click to view attachment

More air cooled Porsches ...
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Jeff Zwart's 959
Click to view attachment

A flawless Speedster. Saw these guys on the way over ... a couple of big ol' dudes whose heads were literally above the tiny windshield
Click to view attachment

And more ... here's a rare one, a BMW 2002 Turbo
Click to view attachment

Remember the recent 914 video featuring the red 2-liter? Lane (LaneS) shot that video and here is his 944
Click to view attachment

One of my wife's favorite cars ... the Audi Quattro
Click to view attachment

Out of South Africa a Ford GT continuation model. Owner says he's gone cross country with it ... it's got A/C!
Click to view attachment

Totally unexpected was this unrestored, gangster-like '40 Packard
Click to view attachment

It was so crowded today, cars had to use every available spot and more ...
Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
Here's my car today... sad.gif

Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
sad.gif Sorry to see that Mike.

Continuing with the photos ..

Stepping inside, the showroom was packed with cars, half of which seemed to be Porsches
Click to view attachment

A '77 WV Beetle with 92 original miles ... yes, ninety-two
Click to view attachment

I'm not a huge fan of Targas, but I'd take this one in a heartbeat
Click to view attachment

The shop floor was as packed as I've ever seen it ... Porsches everywhere
Click to view attachment

Bugatti ...
Click to view attachment

The back room was also packed to the gills with cars
Click to view attachment

Pupulidy Special
Click to view attachment

Finally, the museum
Click to view attachment

Let's finish up with the legendary 917
Click to view attachment
harlenl
Sorry I missed everyone that turned out for C&C. While I'm no longer a Board Director at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, I now get my car fill as Canepa's Operations Manager. If you're ever in the area and you want a tour let me know ahead of time.

See you during your trips to Canepa's during Porsche Parade. I won't have my
teener out during your visit as we only have 91 parking spaces.

Harlen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.