Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Say hello to 4742915414 Bumble Bee LE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
A 914 friend and I came across vin 4742915414. While I don't have a COA I am 99% sure this is a real deal Bumble Bee LE. It has the correct vin in the LE range of vins. It has the correct paint code L04I, correct grey headlight motor arm covers (yes some non LE in 74 had these also), correct REAL LE front spoiler with the correct mounting arms.

It is missing the leather wrapped steering wheel and sadly a past owner blew up the original 2.0L and replaced it with a 1.7 with dual weber carbs. dry.gif

I can get it to turn over, but it won't start. I haven't messed with it yet. Plan is to clean it up and then sell it.

Here are some pictures.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914werke
Score! Why not get a COA to confirm? Cant hurt the resale value.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ May 7 2014, 09:11 PM) *

time for it to come. takes between 4-8 weeks to get one.
carr914
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ May 7 2014, 10:41 PM) *

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ May 7 2014, 09:11 PM) *

time for it to come. takes between 4-8 weeks to get one.

You can call PCNA & they can tell if it's a LE before you order the CoA
kmwvmarip
popcorn[1].gif
2mAn
how many do you have now??? haha
GeorgeRud
I give you credit for finding these here in the Midwest. Seems like there are not all that many unknown 914s still running around in the rust belt.

Good luck with the car.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(2mAn @ May 7 2014, 09:59 PM) *

how many do you have now??? haha

Total 914s........8 of which 2 are LE's biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Nice!
r_towle
Post pictures of the bad parts, hell hole, longs etc.

I have always wanted a bumble bee....
JeffBowlsby
Terrific find Garold. You've become an LE nutcase like the rest of us.

I estimate that only about 50-60 of those factory LE spoilers are in existence on LE cars based on the records I have of known examples, that spoiler of yours is the rarest of finds. A good fiberglass shop can repair it.

Maybe fix it up and bring it to the Okteenerfest.
GaroldShaffer

VIN 4742915414

engine 0122XX

color U1=black/sunyellow

interior 11=leatherette black

dealer UB=Columbus

invoice March'74

options 652=intermit wiper control

778=CanAm

Vysoc
Nice find Garold!!! flag.gif

Vysoc flag.gif
hot_shoe914
Time to ditch Ol Crusty and restore the new one, looks much better. I have a 2.0 from a '74 if you are in need.

Shoe
beerchug.gif
davep
Congratulations. Coincidentally, while you were posting, Jeff Bowlsby and I were having dinner in Toronto along with an original owner, a former owner, and another 914 enthusiast.
DMCF1Fast
Did you get any history or paperwork with the car? I ask because my friend in High School had a Bumble Bee in 1989 - 1990 in Southern Indiana (Jeffersonville). The car was damaged in an accident / altercation and had body work and paint to the rear / trunk plus the drivers side door. My friend couldn't pay the body shop so he lost the car in a lien to the shop and that was the last time I saw it.
That car and the great times we had driving it are the reason I bought 914s later in life and is the root of my Porsche addiction.
I would love to know if that's the same Bumble Bee?

David
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(DMCF1Fast @ May 9 2014, 09:05 PM) *

Did you get any history or paperwork with the car? I ask because my friend in High School had a Bumble Bee in 1989 - 1990 in Southern Indiana (Jeffersonville). The car was damaged in an accident / altercation and had body work and paint to the rear / trunk plus the drivers side door. My friend couldn't pay the body shop so he lost the car in a lien to the shop and that was the last time I saw it.
That car and the great times we had driving it are the reason I bought 914s later in life and is the root of my Porsche addiction.

David

David, I bought it in Ohio. Past owner had it for many years. There is no signs of any crash damage or repair of any crash damage.
DMCF1Fast
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ May 11 2014, 08:26 AM) *

QUOTE(DMCF1Fast @ May 9 2014, 09:05 PM) *

David

David, I bought it in Ohio. Past owner had it for many years. There is no signs of any crash damage or repair of any crash damage.

Oh well maybe I'll find it someday. Hope you enjoy your new bumble bee. Thanks for the response.
timothy_nd28
first.gif Nice job, so jealous!
poorsche914
That's got to be the best junk yard find ever aktion035.gif

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.