Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aftermarket Early Carpet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Targa70
What is the consensus among the 914world for the best Perlon Carpet being made today. I understand an original set is not possible to find, but what is the next best thing? I have heard the set that comes from a shop near Atlanta is too thin and not worth the money. Any other advice?
hndyhrr
QUOTE(Targa70 @ May 7 2014, 06:58 PM) *

What is the consensus among the 914world for the best Perlon Carpet being made today. I understand an original set is not possible to find, but what is the next best thing? I have heard the set that comes from a shop near Atlanta is too thin and not worth the money. Any other advice?

did you look at 914 rubber? Mark makes some awesome stuff.
Pat Garvey
There are some "reasonable" knock-offs of Perlon. You may want to check Autobahn Interiors, though I've had no dealings with them.

Remember, Perlon was a very basic material, and was supplied for very early 914's and later non-appearance group cars. If you have an appearance group model you DO NOT want Perlon. You need the loop carpet.

What is the year and option level of your 914?
Pat

wes
Pat I was looking for this a week or so back and sort of hate to pop in on this but how about
1974 L 13 M w/appearance group, loop what color?
matt5596
I have a '71 with appearance group. Would it have been perlon originally?
matt5596
QUOTE(matt5596 @ May 14 2014, 11:57 AM) *

I have a '71 with appearance group. Would it have been perlon originally?

icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.