Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: first pix from Titan!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
the first pix from titan are coming in ...

http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Cassini-Huygens/

IPB Image Andy
lapuwali
What's interesting is those rocks look like they were once at the bottom of a river...
SpecialK
Amazing! Pics from the moons of Saturn, but you can't pick up shit on your TV if its raining! IPB Image
rick 918-S
Cool! That's one place that's colder than MN!
SLITS
So Andy, you didn't get this one?

IPB Image
michel richard
This is really mind bogling stuff, guys.
914GT
Speaking of mind boggling - has anyone read these series of articles on quantum astronomy? Some strange stuff.
SirAndy
QUOTE (914GT @ Jan 14 2005, 06:52 PM)
Speaking of mind boggling - has anyone read these series of articles on quantum astronomy? Some strange stuff.

ayupp ...

i have a few books on the subject. interesting reading material ...
IPB Image Andy
KaptKaos
Hmmm.... that looks like my backyard. Come to think of it, what's that funny looking thing out there?
scottb
those pics are exceptionally cool. i dig seeing things from other planets/celestial bodies....

and then i read the articles on quantum astronomy. i had read some previously on quantum physics and this stuff just messes with your mind. i always knew the guys in physics lab were weird i just never knew HOW weird they really are....

so the question, 'if a tree falls in the forest, and nobody is there, does it make a sound?' is really a quantum question with respect to an objects existence absent concious observation right?

IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
Very cool, thanks for the link Andy.

Sean
96conv
I know all about astronomy. I'm a Sagitarrius. What's your sign? IPB Image
redshift
Congrats to the Euros, they have an exciting space program.

Took NASA 30 years, and 4 trillion dollars to make space boring.

M
Bleyseng
Now that NASA and the Euros have landed a probe on Titans moon, can they make a cheap programable EFI for 914's?

Geoff
jimtab
It was a great feat for the esa and the isa but it would have been an even greater acheivement had they not lost the 2nd radio channel and half the pictures with it...still amazing.
SirAndy
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jan 15 2005, 08:13 PM)
had they not lost the 2nd radio channel

yepp, i bet that dumb-a$$ is looking for a new job right about now ...

IPB Image Andy
jimtab
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 15 2005, 08:20 PM)
yepp, i bet that dumb-a$$ is looking for a new job right about now ...

IPB Image Andy

You think? IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.