Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's German and has an aircooled 6?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
Here is the latest on my German aircooled 6 cylinder project. Machine guns come in 4 weeks. IPB Image
sixnotfour
Fits right in, the imfamos Flying Circus
I love those WW1 planes. The movie ,The Blue Max with George Peparrd ?
red914
is it a Fokker DVII? that is pretty cool, right there. more pics, please!
J P Stein
A story....dunno if it's true, but who cares?

A Brit is interviewing a Pole who flew with the RAF during WWII...The Pole says....." got on this Fokker's tail and"....whereupon the interviewer interupts and says "Our listeners should know that a Fokker is a German airplane"
& the Pole says "That's true, but this fokker was flying a Messerschmitt"
SpecialK
Oh....I was going to say me standing naked in front of a box fan IPB Image

Never mind.........
buck toenges
more pics of the Fokker DVII. This should be done soon. The engine is a Dehaviland Gipsy Queen. 12 litre air cooled mother. Expensive but not as much as the orginal 15 litre Mercedes water cooled engine would have been(if you could find one). Udo the German mechanic has just finished the prop hub. The propeller is going to be 2.6 meteres long when finished.
buck toenges
more pics
buck toenges
more...
morgan
toys I love all the toys
JM IPB Image
jd74914
Sweet IPB Image I'm assuming you fly?
Joe Bob
Tower to DC-10...."you are next in line for landing behind the Fokker".....

Pilot to tower..."I always wanted to say this....I have the Fokker in sight".....
red914
Buck, you just keep posting the pics of this sooperkewl project of yours! have you done any other old aeroplanes? is this your job? i'd love to see that 2.6m prop!
Howard
Just WOW IPB Image

You do drugs, Fokker?
soloracer
Beautiful! When you get done with that fokker can you build me one of these?

http://www.titanaircraft.com/aircraft.php?...2e0ecf6a2779c49
F4i
QUOTE (soloracer @ Jan 15 2005, 01:01 PM)
Beautiful! When you get done with that fokker can you build me one of these?

I can. If your serious.
F4i
Nice fokker. I love that kind of work. It's good to see people resurecting these bits of history. IPB Image
pete-stevers
looks damn fine, really like to build one on a smaller scale, but full size is frickin cool IPB Image
keep us in on the progress
Steve IPB Image
soloracer
QUOTE (F4i @ Jan 15 2005, 12:40 PM)
Beautiful!  When you get done with that fokker can you build me one of these?

I can. If your serious.

With a 600 hour build time I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford you. Were you at the Vintage on the Prairies in Calgary this summer? If so I spent some time talking to you about your car.
buck toenges
I am not a pilot just a fool with some stupid idea that this would be a neat project for me and my brother. My brother moved away after I got the fusalage and wings built by proffessionals. Just like the 914 community the WWI repro guys are also a close knit but slightly "tightly wound up" group. The fellow that is making my plane is a real airplane nut that has made a bunch of planes for museums, people, and movies. He recently was a technical advisor for the Aviator movie. He actually has a bit part as a mechanic in the movie which I haven't seen yet. When the plane is finished and has recieved its faa certification it will reside at the Hoosier war bird museum in Auburn Indiana. It will fly a couple of times a year for air shows. It should be at the Dayton Airshow this summer with maybe 30 other WWI airplanes.
The color scheme is the most outrageous one I could find in the historical data. The guys name was Hippert and he had his girlfriends' name written on the top wing. I am going to change it to Julie instead of Mimi since my wife hasn't divorce over it.

Here is a pic of the engines I got for it. 12 litre Dehaviland Gipsy Queens pickled by the sri lanka airforce back in the 70's . Guys, the blue is pretty darn close to porsche adriatic blue that I am so fond of. Maybe I need to get me some of that psycho blk/white seat fabric from the allien guy to make my 914-6 a twin IPB Image
buck toenges
Here is a pic of the machine guns that I am using. Q: what is german engineered, aircooled, and makes a real rukus at 1200rpm? A: a pair of german spandau machine guns or a TIV at real fast idle.
red914
oooo... would it be possible to mount twin spandau mgs on a 914... IPB Image
SpecialK
VERY impressive Buck!

What type of covering did you use on the fuselage? It doesn't look like cloth.

I've got about 25 years of working on "war" planes, but I'd love the chance to work on something like that!!

Nice gun! But mines bigger.......plus you don't have to worry about the syncro going out and shooting off your prop. IPB Image IPB Image

"M61A1 Vulcan cannon is a six-barrel 20mm gun capable of firing 6,600 rounds per minute."
kenporacer
sweet very cool plane good luck finishing and definitely keep us posted on the progress
DuckRyder
That is beyond cool!! IPB Image
seanery
that's cool buck!
F4i
QUOTE (soloracer @ Jan 15 2005, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE (F4i @ Jan 15 2005, 12:40 PM)
Beautiful!  When you get done with that fokker can you build me one of these?

I can. If your serious.

With a 600 hour build time I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford you. Were you at the Vintage on the Prairies in Calgary this summer? If so I spent some time talking to you about your car.

I don't think it was me. I spent most of the summer under my car. IPB Image This comming summer I am going to take it out to a couple of shows. If you do build a homebuilt let me know if I can help.
Maltese Falcon
I heard that in Desert Storm 1, these Vulcan guns ruled the deserts on the A10 Warthogs. Also read somewhere that when several guns were fired at the same time , it caused the plane to slow its speed down IPB Image !
buck toenges
Latest on the airplane. biggrin.gif
buck toenges
another
buck toenges
one more
redshift
WTG~!

Fantastic!~

M
balljoint
Cool. Must be one big-assed rubber band to fly that thing.
skline
So is this "Meet the Fokkers?" biggrin.gif

My dad would really like that. He is a retired Navy pilot. He loves to fly.
buck toenges
Latest pics. They are going to run the engine this week!

Buck
rick 918-S
That tips the scale on the cool factor! aktion035.gif And yes the pasha fabric would be a nice addition. assimilate.gif
Johny Blackstain
popcorn[1].gif , drooley.gif , thumb3d.gif , smilie_pokal.gif , clap56.gif , more please, popcorn[1].gif .

cool_shades.gif
Dave_Darling
Schweet... I've worked on a few airplanes myself over the years...

--DD
wbergtho
That is stunning! What a great experience it must be to build! (& fly)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.