johannes
A Dino is not a real Ferrari ...

IPB Image

Via barnfinds ... http://barnfinds.com/rusty-stallion-1973-f...6gt/#more-22075
SLITS
Holy Chit!
GeorgeRud
This appears to just be surface rust! lol-2.gif

With the prices on some of these cars these days, it's probably still a restorable project, though probably should be auctioned off ASAP afterwards as rust never sleeps.
914Sixer
Maybe just a Dino BUT it was a bad ass car. It only had a 6 but it would run on the autobahn.
stugray
A Dino is not a real Ferrari ...

Just as a 914 is not a real Porsche....
Qarl
NARF
johannes
Not A Real Fiat ? ... wink.gif
914forme
Paging the Metal Surgeon!

boogie_man
They pull that from the bottom of the sea ??
r_towle
I would buy that...might be the only ferrari I could afford.

Silverstones Auction on May 24th...

http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/selling

rich
Maltese Falcon
PAGING Earl Scheib
Larmo63
One of my first jobs was working in a restaurant in Newport Beach, California. The owner of the joint drove a red Dino, the head chef drove a yellow '73 911T, and the manager drove a white appearance group 914 2.0. I never forgot those cars, and they were very impressive to a 17 year old back then!

(I drove a perfect '67 Karmann Ghia coupe at the time)
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 9 2014, 12:00 PM) *

PAGING Earl Scheib

I remember when it was $29.95. av-943.gif "Any car, any color". I seem to recall his Son went to jail for arms trafficking. Anyone remember that?
effutuo101
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 9 2014, 12:16 PM) *

One of my first jobs was working in a restaurant in Newport Beach, California. The owner of the joint drove a red Dino, the head chef drove a yellow '73 911T, and the manager drove a white appearance group 914 2.0. I never forgot those cars, and they were very impressive to a 17 year old back then!

(I drove a perfect '67 Karmann Ghia coupe at the time)

Did you see the Blue Dino at the restaurant? I think I know the red one.
green914
Saw this one yesterday in Minden, NV. at Big Mamma's 14th annual show and shine. Looked good compared to its cousin barf.gif .
green914
blink.gif
partwerks
3 words: Car crusher time!! or gobs of rust preventitive.......
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 9 2014, 01:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 9 2014, 12:00 PM) *

PAGING Earl Scheib

I remember when it was $29.95. av-943.gif "Any car, any color". I seem to recall his Son went to jail for arms trafficking. Anyone remember that?

Elliot, the 50 cal. on the tripod put him in trouble with BATF.
His son should have just moved his collection to Nevada and opened up a firing range !
$29.95 was the base price of a paint job. Optional costs were:
masking tape, masking paper, spray gun.
I was referring to Earl's age at time of his passing: 99.95 years old laugh.gif
Marty
Mike Bellis
Sitting in a barn forgotten since 1975?!?!?

No reserve! Bid to win!! piratenanner.gif
http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1973-fe...-dino-barn-find
Cairo94507
The only car that I would rather have over my 914-6 is a Dino GT - Love them hide.gif . Just a sexy-ass body.
naro914
Love the description: "Finished in the rare Verdi Pino colour (with rust brown details)"

Rust brown details? No kidding...

It will still probably sell for well north of $100k...
cpavlenko
I remember Earl saying, I'll paint any car any color for $ rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif 19.95. Bummer for the Fiat...
whatabout1
Enough bumper stickers would cover that rust nicely. You'll hardly even notice it !!

Knew a guy that bought a 246 new when they 1st were imported ('72 ?)
Yellow barf.gif I even got to drive it. driving.gif But a complete garage queen.

He was so proud when he sold it in the mid '80s for $36K ! He tripled his money !

Now worth over $200K !!!!
flippa
That should clean up nicely with a little work blink.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
green914
QUOTE(cpavlenko @ May 12 2014, 07:32 AM) *

I remember Earl saying, I'll paint any car any color for $ rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif 19.95. Bummer for the Fiat...

I got one of those $19.95 paint jobs from Earl on a 57 Chevy when I was in High School. Looked good for about two or three months, and then started peeling off. blink.gif unsure.gif wacko.gif icon8.gif
Larmo63
Boy, after seeing that second picture, it doesn't look that bad.....NOT
naro914
Ya know...it blows my mind how someone could own a Ferrari and just 'forget about it'. Or any sports car for that matter. No, they weren't outrageous money like they are now, but they were still really expensive for the time...
914-d
"""One of my first jobs was working in a restaurant in Newport Beach, California.""

I grew up down there...Loved Charlies Chili. Couldn't get enough of that place.

So, I had occasion to talk to Jack Sheib.....Earls son. (while in the back of my mind
remember repainting my parents car that was previously painted at Earls.)

He called me at work ~1977, looking for a trans for the 454 he was putting in a 260
z.
Mentioned his wife had just left him and was in my neck of the woods.

Dawned on me on the way home, my room mate was dating her.

True story.....Found out why the paint jobs were so cheap too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.