Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rarity of Color
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dbarenboym
Hi Guys. I am getting close to having the car prepped and ready for paint. Starting to make some decisions on the color. The cars Original color is Gemini Blue Metallic L96E. I am trying to figure out if this is a rare color or not. I was going to paint it orange but if this is pretty rare than I might go with the original. Any thoughts? Thank you
dbarenboym
Forgot to mention. My car is a 1973 914/4. By the color chart that color was last done in 1972. in 1973 they did not offer it.
Qarl
QUOTE(dbarenboym @ May 9 2014, 11:21 AM) *

Forgot to mention. My car is a 1973 914/4. By the color chart that color was last done in 1972. in 1973 they did not offer it.

Your 1973 car could have been manufactured in late 1972. On the door jamb sticker it will have the manufacture date on the upper right corner.

Painting it the original color will always help hold its value more for resale.

The color is less common than orange.

Gemini blue metallic is a beautiful color on a 914!
DRPHIL914
i cant tell you how rare that color is but if the car is still original or mostly and the color is fairly rare i would most certainly stay with the original color!!! lost of orange cars out there if you want an orange one, IMHO

Mikey914
If your gonna spend the cash to repaint it, and you don't hate the stock color, keep it stock. You can't really go wrong.
toolguy
IMHO, changing a cars original color hurts the value in the long run, unless it is a bare frame paint job. . . meaning completely apart and nothing left of the original color. .
It's easy to find cars with color changes, and you'll usually be able to find evidence of it. . more difficult to find original ones
boxsterfan
I don't know how rare Gemini Blue Metallic is, but that is a great color on a 914.

Big Len
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ May 9 2014, 02:50 PM) *

I don't know how rare Gemini Blue Metallic is, but that is a great color on a 914.

agree.gif
Eric_Shea
Gold 914-6 models are the rarest hide.gif
Cairo94507
Eric, you're killing me.......
dbarenboym
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 9 2014, 04:17 PM) *

Gold 914-6 models are the rarest hide.gif

icon_bump.gif

Eric. Just got the Calipers. They look awesome. This is Dan from Boston.
boxsterfan
Is there any production info from the factory on the various colors and how many were made of each?
PanelBilly
How original is the rest of the car? If you've lost the engine or the car was totaled from an accident, then do whatever you want to the car. I agree that a bare body repaint is the way to go, but it's so much work.
robby750
My car was Ancona Blue metallic but old and faded. It looked bad and I thought about changing it. In the end I went with the original color and glad I did. New paint makes a world of difference. I say stay original.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.