Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rubber strip between rear window and engine lid question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
73 914,just recieved rubber from 914 rubber,not sure how to install this rubber strip.anyone have pics of theirs.it looks like the rubber is similar to engine seals,but there is no lip to attach it to in my car.
Mikey914
The lip is hiding. It's on the fire wall right below the glass. The seal pushes onto this lip. It's easier to see / do without the deck lid in the way. Also note I made te clip section removable on this seal so in the corners if there us a bunch of crud, you can cut out 1/4" of the clip to make it sit flush.
Hope this helps,
Mark
rosenfe
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 9 2014, 09:21 AM) *

The lip is hiding. It's on the fire wall right below the glass. The seal pushes onto this lip. It's easier to see / do without the deck lid in the way. Also note I made te clip section removable on this seal so in the corners if there us a bunch of crud, you can cut out 1/4" of the clip to make it sit flush.
Hope this helps,
Mark

i think my lip has been hammered flat and will need to pry it out,thanks.
Mikey914
One of these may come in handy-
https://www.acwholesalers.com/Klein-Tools/8...CFU5lfgodNigAwQ
Home depot may have these too
Eric_Shea
Best to remove the engine lide (2 M6 fasteners)

Push the seal straight on that way. Even used a smallish rubber mallet. Make sure the lip is straight beforehand. Many can get bent and abused over the years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.