Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody got a sandblast booth
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
plas76targa
I've got a pair of BMW 320i front brakes that I want to clean up and paint before I put on the car - does anyone in the east bay (SFO) area have a media blasting booth I could use? Or are there any professional shops in the area you might recommend?

Thanks in advance
scotty914
how about a good old fashioned wire brush in a drill, worked for me
McMark
Careful with blasting brakes. The only time I do it is when I'm splitting the caliper. So I have full access to clean. Beads will get everywhere regardless of how carefuly you/they are.

That said, most machine shop will probably have a cabinet. I know a great place in Napa if you can't find anything and are desperate. IPB Image
plas76targa
scott - I've wire brushed one of them with my Dremel. I haven't tried a heavier wire but I just might. Where in Maryland are you? We're really from Frederick. Out here in CA for 18 months. Expect to move back this summer.

Mark - I' may take you up on the NAPA offer.

Thanks,
Mueller
If you can wait a week or so, I have one in Fremont....I need to get more media and a better gun/nozzle for it.
McMark
TEM Machine Shop on Action street in Napa. Let me know when you're gonna be there and I'll meet ya. They'll do it "while you wait" most times.

Or they'll give me the blasting gun and I'll do it. IPB Image Been in there enough to have some "freedoms". IPB Image
scotty914
QUOTE (plas76targa @ Jan 14 2005, 09:51 PM)
Where in Maryland are you? We're really from Frederick. Out here in CA for 18 months. Expect to move back this summer.

i am in baltimore city, area called canton. not a safe hood to drive a 914 in, too many people cant see far enough down their noses to see your coming
Carrera916
matt...

PM me....

I have access to one but I'm a bit concern on how you plan to blast it.....it's not quite easy to blast it in one piece without knowing if the media ever gets inside...if you're gonna rebuild it then yes, it's worth the trouble...

jerry
ppickerell
Matt,
You can use my blast tank in Pleasanton at my shop.
boxstr
Is this a good price?? Not for brake calipers at leat I don't think I would.
http://www.craigslist.org/pen/car/55748812.html
CCLINCRAIGSLIST
ppickerell
That's a good price for the cabinet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.