Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corner balance your car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Humm.....if we could get 10 guys to kick in a hundred bucks each...... How much does a good shop charge for corner balance?
KenH
The only shop I know of is in Mountain View and they get about $200-250. I have a set of the mechaincal scales and they work just fine.

If you do your own alignment (which is not hard to do) a set of scales is a nice addition.

Ken
dan10101
I'm in for a piece of the action.

I made my own homemade mechanical scale a year or 2 ago. It worked fine, but I'm sure it wasn't accurate since I didn't have 4 of them. (kept moving it from corner to corner).

Since you only need them once or twice a year, it would be a good group investment.
brant
our local PCA chapter did this and bought a set about 7 years back...

Its kinda become a pain in the butt though...
in order to assure they don't get damaged or mistreated they have to be used and stored at one particular house, and you have to schedule time to use them.

not the most convienient.

All race shops have a set of these.
Try roundy round shops.. They will do your balance with you for much less usually.

Luckily I have a roundy-round friend who owns a set and helps me out.
nein14
I just had the turbo GT done , a local Porsche shop did a 4 wheel alignment and corner weighted it is was $350.00.

It is well worth the investment, it make a noticable in the way the teener handles. IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.