Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front air dam
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Jetsetsurfshop
Any info on the front air dam? Never seen one except on this car. Pic came from the "track pictures" in the paddock. Can't remember from who. confused24.gif

Randal
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ May 11 2014, 01:57 PM) *

Any info on the front air dam? Never seen one except on this car. Pic came from the "track pictures" in the paddock. Can't remember from who. confused24.gif

You looking for that front end air dam or just want to install a splitter?

What it looks like to me is a PMS bumper and lower bumper with a splitter fiber glassed on. The little areo mods (downward wings) were fabricated and likely bolted or glassed on.

BTW splitters and ducktails work.
Woody
Looks like my old air dam with some mods. I'm not using it anymore and would be willing to part with it.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bulitt
Thats TC's (carr914) old car. Simple splitter with dive planes added to transition the fender flares.
carr914
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ May 11 2014, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Woody @ May 12 2014, 07:21 AM) *

Looks like my air dam with some mods.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Yes, I took a Lower Valance like Woody's, bonded it to a GT Style Valance and Painted it. I made the Dive Planes from Aluminum and they were Riveted On.

All worked well until I hit a Huge Raccoon coming back from Sebring! headbang.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Randal
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 12 2014, 04:43 AM) *

QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ May 11 2014, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Woody @ May 12 2014, 07:21 AM) *

Looks like my air dam with some mods.

Yes, I took a Lower Valance like Woody's, bonded it to a GT Style Valance and Painted it. I made the Dive Planes from Aluminum and they were Riveted On.

All worked well until I hit a Huge Raccoon coming back from Sebring! headbang.gif

Splitters don't like animals or off road excursions. The good news is that they can be easily fixed and made to look like new.

Got lots of fiber glass experience with my surf board hitting the rocks at Santa Cruz. We didn't have leashes then.

Click to view attachment
carr914
It sucked when I sliced & diced the Raccoon! Thanks to zip-ties & ducttape, I made it home - the lower part of the custom valance was in a million pieces
Jetsetsurfshop
I like the pics posted. I have this fiberglass contraption on my car now and I'm not to stoked about it. See pic.
My oil cooler will be heading up front one day, and I like the idea of dive planes to balance out the opening under the car.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.