Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Im going CRAZY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MattR
Okay, my ass dragger is on jack stands for almost 3 weeks now trying to get some damn brake pressure. It all started when i took off the right rear wheel to examine my newly acquired 67 912. The DAPO let the brake pad run down to the metal... so i pulled off the pad and replaced the rotor. The caliper was seized, so i rebuilt all 4 corners. Now I just bolted on the calipers with new seals and bleeders and now I cant build pressure. The brakes are bled and none of the lines or valves are leaking.

Here is what happens;

Pump pump pump, pressure (not much, but its there). Let off the pedal, push right back down and there is about half pressure. Let off again and wait a second, push back down and it goes to the floor.

Is this a master cylinder? I didnt think so because when it has pressure it holds it.

This brake problem is really driving me insane. Can someone please help!?!

BTW: i know this is a 914 club, but pp is just a waste of time if you're not critiquing your latest wine and cheese purchases.
boxstr
I know you don't think itis the master cylinder, but after all that you have done I would replce the master cylinder and the hoses if you didn't already.
I just went through all of this with my 68 912.
CCLINCAMP912
MattR
Yeah, Im really second guessing myself. I think it is the m/c IPB Image

I'll run out to performance products tomorrow and pick one up. $115--- ouch.

Oh well, it could be worse.
redshift
Yes, you could be Aaron!

M
Stephane
Could there still be air in the system?

Stephane
DJsRepS
Start at the MC the normal bleeding process that is and make sure it is pumping. Then try some gravity bleeding one screw or loosened line at a time no pumping keeping the resivour full and lid off. BF should drip out the bleeders with no pumping and should push out enough air to get a pedal back.. Also try gravity bleed the lines off the top of the proporitioning valve by the motor. Once BF flow is confirmed at all bleeders and lines then do the pumping 2 person way all around again.....My MC was 32yrs old and my car sat 15yrs and it always pumped and stopped the car. I replaced it because it was leaking out the rear on my pedal cluster. Still with all the other brake work you have done you should change it anyway. I hope you did the 4 rubber lines at the wheels. When your doing an all over brake job do all rubber parts and look for badly rusted steel lines........PS a MC wont pump if the linkage adj to the pedal is not letting the piston retrun all the way. It wont clear a hole fresh fluid enters the MC at.
MattR
I replaced the mastercylinder today. It solved the problem. Thanks guys! IPB Image

now if i could get my f'in engine running...
boxstr
Your welcome Matt. From the guys. IPB Image
CCLINMASTER
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.