Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: weber carb air filter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blk'72
HEy all..

what K&N Part number do i need for a weber single carb set up on my '72 2.0?
Thanks
R.
blk'72
bump...
guys i dunno what I need/I dunno what i need
Thanks for the help.
R.
rhodyguy
what is the one you currently have shaped like? are the base and top rectangular or oval shaped? got a picture? the paper ones usually come two to a pack as do the k&n setups for dual carbs. i realise you have a single progressive.

kevin
boxstr
R, I have one sitting up at CAMP 914. It is the filter and the chrome metal top and bottom pieces. Show use a pic.
CCLINFILTERYOURAIR
blk'72
yes , mine is rectangular with rounded corners.
I dunno what k&n part number that is....I dont want to order one for the original 1972 FI set-up!!!!!
Please let me know you guys! IPB Image
R.
blk'72
i dont have a camera:(
I dont know what to do!~!
rhodyguy
jmho. the cost of a set of k&n filters may be money misspent. if you go to a vw (not a dealer) parts place in your area you should be able to pick up a set of paper fillters to fit your base for $15 a pair, maybe less. with 2 to a pack that should be a years worth of filters. if you can't find a parts house. go pick up a hot vw magazine. most of the vendors offer the filters.

kevin
red914
don't know the number, but is it for a weber 32/36 progressive single carb? if it is, then i have the k&n filter, housing, and k&n recharge kit. as well as a weber 32/36 carb, for that matter.

no markings on the filter, but the dimensions are as follows:

4 3/8 in. wide
6 5/8 in. long
2 1/2 in. high.

sorry i couldn't find a number anywhere.
rhodyguy
shane, since you now have dual carbs are you going to sell the filter to the guy?
Mueller
QUOTE (blk'72 @ Jan 15 2005, 02:52 PM)
bump...
guys i dunno what I need/I dunno what i need
Thanks for the help.
R.

try looking for it from K&N IPB Image

K&N airfilters, oval

if none of those match, backtrack to a listing and diagrams of their other filters....

then there is Pierce Manifolds which is a WEBER reseller....I'd check CB Performance first......which sells those Weber carbs that we love to hate IPB Image
red914
i dunno, Kevin. i am just trying to offer some help where i have found so much. if he can't find it anywhere else, maybe we can make a cheep deal. don' need da recharger kit, as the 34ICTs have funky sand rail cone filters right now.

btw, how have you been Kevin?
TheCabinetmaker
Should be able to find it at any vw place, or, like Mueller said, K&N website
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.