Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who´s doing 915/916 gearbox revision in CA area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bugat5speed
Hi,
have a customer who wants to have a 915 gearbox revised and converted with my 916 conversion parts . He´s somewhere in CA and is looking for a company that has skills on Porsche gearboxes and would be able to do the 916 conversion.

Sending a complete tranny from here (Germany) is too expensive (freight about 1,000 $)

If you know one, please inform me.
Would in general be good to have the one or other over there who could do that.

Martin
bulitt
Renegade hybrids in Vegas did those for awhile.
mepstein
Tangerine racing does them. Shipping will be a lot cheaper from CT than Germany
Steve
Hergesheimers built mine, but they went out of business. My trans never shifted right after getting it back from Hergesheimers.
From my personal experience I would only recommend Patrick Motorsports. After 4 years of putting up with missed shifts from 2nd to 3rd, Patrick Motorsports was the only one that fixed it.
I could not be happier with the Martin Bott kit after Patrick Motorsports fixed it.
1973 918 S
Also, a good choice would be http://aasemotors.com/
Ask to speak to Alan, he has done quite a few of both Wevo & Vellios conversions.

AASE Motors
1104 E. Elm Ave
Fullerton, CA, 92831
Phone: 714-992-2283
bugat5speed
Hi guys,

thanks for your replies. Will inform my customer. Think he hasn´t read this here.

Martin
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(1973 918 S @ May 24 2014, 02:41 PM) *

Ask to speak to Alan, he has done quite a few of both Wevo & Vellios conversions.

AASE Motors
1104 E. Elm Ave
Fullerton, CA, 92831

+++10
Marty
ConeDodger
Original Customs is doing mine, but we're using the locally produced product. (No shipping)
Steve
QUOTE(1973 918 S @ May 24 2014, 02:41 PM) *

AASE Motors
1104 E. Elm Ave
Fullerton, CA, 92831

I took my car with the 915 Martin Bott kit in it to AASE motors. They could not figure it out and another $1800.00 down the drain. They have never seen this kit before. I don’t mean to put down AASE. They are a great bunch of guys, very Porsche knowledgeable and I wouldn’t hesitate to use them for anything other than this kit.
I ended up driving my car 6 hours to Patrick Motor Sports in Phoenix,AZ. Turns out the main issue was the 1st and 2nd plane, was to close to the 3rd and 4th plane, which made it a pain to shift from 2nd to 3rd. They also replaced my shift linkage with there more "beefy" setup. The new shift linkage just made the shifting more tighter, but it wasn't the problem.

Personally I would ship your trans with the Martin Bott Kit to PMS and let them build it.
I would also recommend there shifting linkage and other clutch parts.
If convenient drive your car to PMS and let them install it in your car. They have a special 915 center section, so they can fine tune the forks in the trans while in the car.
Finally after 4 years of wasting money on shops, my trans shifts like its supposed to.
I couldn't be happier with the Martin Bott 916 Trans with the help of Patrick Motorsports.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.